The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ecommerce Deal Sites

Knuffix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 25, 2014
Just a thought I had recently:

Many of you know sites like Groupon and those "Daily Deal Sites" that are popping up everywhere.

What if you would do something similar for niche ecommerce stores & brands.

Say you would go for a fashion niche like Women's shoes or Men's Watches or something similar.

Find some brands or dealers and get them to showcase a sale on your website.

Doesn't even have to be daily deals but 3-5 day long deals.

Now as the middleman you'll get a commission or a fixed amount per click (think Adwords but on a very targeted area) for every offer that is claimed on your site.

What do you think about that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CBilly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 6, 2014
Austin, TX
I have a couple clients who have used Groupon type sites. I'm sure you're aware of the downside to the business owners with groupon. They sell the product half off on the site usually and then they only receive 20-40% of the funds of the sale price. Most times this leaves the business with a negative hit. Most are willing to take that hit for the advertising of the business but It very rarerly leads to repeat business, unless another groupon is involved.

You would need to find a product with a large enough margin so the vendor still makes profit at that discounted price and it would still generate repeat business. I'm not sure if men buy watches frequently enough for that, but that's your call at the end of the day.

However, one good model is SteepandCheap.com. They are targeting the outdoorsmen/women demograpic. Go take a look at how that is set up

Just my $.02

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!