The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ebiz---BrAnDiNg is everything...is it?

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
I understand it is important to differentiate on the internet, also you must do things consistent throughout the website no doubt, but i have been reading much about e-branding and the experts make it seem as if the website must be this high tech crazy thing with a logo that is just out of this world. Alot of websites i know that are semi-very successful are very plain and have black arial font logos. I will give them one thing though they are very very consistent which makes them easier and a great user experience. What is everyone opinion on this situation. As i design my websites sometimes i get thrown off track by these comments but then realize everyone has to do there branding differently.

Here is an example check

Milo.com which is pretty big and growing it is very very simple, it can be duplicated easily and is nothing special but its easy and works, i never hear the experts bring up all of these situations.

thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Ebiz---BrAnDiNg is everything...is it?

No, part of it is also learning how to use the caps key properly so you can appeal to a wider audience.

-Russ H.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Well Russ in case you haven't noticed i do and i did, and that is why you clicked it, correct ? d-i-f-f-e-r-e-n-t-i-a-t-i-o-n. Not here to argue though, just looking for some info from people with experience.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Branding is something that really helps you online as well as the look and feel to your site, but none of that means shit unless you have good content.

People don't go to your site to look at your nice banners or even your creative placement of ads. People go to your site because of good, quality content. Good content is how companies get branded.

You heard of the phrase content is king. It couldn't be more true online.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
thank you maximus, content definitely is king, i agree 100 percent, i like what you said "good content is how companies get branded". Yeah im not going to focus on small things as much anymore, but it really has opened my eyes to making my site more consistent which i did not focus on as much before.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Well Russ in case you haven't noticed i do and i did, and that is why you clicked it, correct ? d-i-f-f-e-r-e-n-t-i-a-t-i-o-n. Not here to argue though, just looking for some info from people with experience.

Not trying to argue, Joey. Sorry if it came off that way. Sometimes my short posts don't come off the way I want them to.

Actually, I didn't click on it for that reason. I clicked on it for the same reason I'd click on the following titles:

"Im having trouble atracting busness"

"y r u nt hlpng me?"

Further explanation:

You asked if branding was everything for Ebiz.

It's not.

Lots of other things-- a good website design, great landing page, knowing your audience, yada yada yada.

If I see two websites on google, and one HaS woRds To MaKe it LoOk DifFerEnt, and the other does not, I choose the one that does not have the weird caps.

If I see one w/lots of text crap, or misspellings, or just has a message that doesn't "feel" right, I'm gone.

So it's more than branding-- but all of these things define who you are, as a brand.

But that's just me.

You may not be interested in me as a potential customer.

Just depends on the demographic you're after.

-Russ H.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Alot of websites i know that are semi-very successful are very plain and have black arial font logos.

Branding isn't simply getting a good looking logo. It has nothing to do with the logo at all or fonts. When you think of Ebay, do you actually think of their logo which is 4 colored letters? No, you think of them as the largest online auction site.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Content is King, Marketing is the Queen. And Queen runs the house! Your marketing and branding is as important as content is. Brand name means a lot. It is your message, what you represent who you are and your marketing has to show that. Web design, logo, ads etc all have to be tailored to your brand. Gary Vaynerchuk is great source of info, look at his stuff.

Building a great brand is hard, bit a must so thing.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Branding isn't simply getting a good looking logo. It has nothing to do with the logo at all or fonts. When you think of Ebay, do you actually think of their logo which is 4 colored letters? No, you think of them as the largest online auction site.

I agree, there are a bunch of companies with logos that make no sense. in fact most of the big time companies have super simple logos... that dont actually mean anything. its not about the loo when it comes to branding. its about your image nd messege you portray to your target market.

Otherwise all the commercials you see on tv would just be a logo and a phone number.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
thank you russ, i agree with this:

If I see two websites on google, and one HaS woRds To MaKe it LoOk DifFerEnt, and the other does not, I choose the one that does not have the weird caps.

If I see one w/lots of text crap, or misspellings, or just has a message that doesn't "feel" right, I'm gone.

When i say consistent is that look at the top of this webpage right now, notice lower on the page or all/many of them reuse those colors in sync. Doing this helps the user alot and i never realized how many people are terrible online and get confused by any and everything. The fact is if i know that a purple word will always be "clickable" and a red button word will always be a "non clickable" header can make such a big difference for the average user

jakerip

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 16, 2009
it really depends on the type of site that you have. if you have an affiliate site, for instance, you won't make much money off social networking type traffic, therefore branding isn't as important as getting targeted traffic organically.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.