The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

eBay Trolls - What Do?!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Dezzamondo

Indefatigable
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 11, 2012
Worcester, UK
Hey Guys,

Bit of an odd one for you today. I had a message from come through on eBay asking a silly question (I supply stuff for the Raspberry Pi, btw) and it went a little soe this:

Troll said:
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Have you got one in strawberry flavour?[/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]

[/FONT]To which I gave a silly reply:

Dezzamondo said:
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]We're fresh out of strawberries, but might be able to source a gooseberry.[/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]
It might go quite nicely with a dragonfruit though.
Thanks.

Now he's come back with this gem!

[/FONT]
Troll said:
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]Would a gooseberry flavoured one still work under water? I need an operational working depth of around three fathoms?

Thanks in advance
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Now I'm sure its just a bit of fun and nothing at all malicious (I also find it quite funny!), but what should you do in situations like this one? Do you do the sensible thing and just ignore them or do you have a little fun yourself and send an equally troll-like response?

Does anyone else here get these or is it just me? :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I wouldn't try to be funny with anyone on Ebay.

He could easily buy 3 low priced items, give neg feedback and you rating goes in the 80% or close to it.

Seriously, you just never know who you are upsetting on there.

Dezzamondo

Indefatigable
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 11, 2012
Worcester, UK
I never looked at it like that :/

You certainly raise a very good point Patrick. I think I'll stop responding to trolls in the future! Luckilly this one's only my personl account as opposed to my company's...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.