Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WEB/DIGITAL E-Biz Selling Shares??

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
81%
Here is something I was thinking about just recently. What if say a few people started a business and just went public almost immediately by selling shares. This would provide money coming in. Then each month from profits you can send out dividends. I dunno it was just a thought. I know this has been done with big companies but what about in a nice tight niche??? Would people say, heck I'll buy 100 shares for instance... ??

Any thoughts on this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mkzhang

Contributor
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
9%
There will be no demand on the public market for a recent Ebiz start up selling things to a niche market... I mean how recent are we talking about? 1 week? 1 month?

Plus going public cost some money, not too much, but enough so that if you could afford it, you wouldn't need to use this method for your start up lol.

Lastly, you cannot sell your own shares on a public market without being registered with the proper legal entities, the registration costs per year will kill ya. Then you factor in the discount selling your shares to bank first, and then the dividend if you're not making a lot of money etc.... You might as well start your own retail investment bank if you manage to get the right to sell shares on a public market.

One more thing, 100 shares... who will have interest in that? At that amount you're not generating enough liquidity for any public exchange.

What you speaking about is more similar to a private placement or venture funding, you can sell 100 shares, but they aren't publicly registered shares, and they are sold to individual who takes a share of your income.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.