The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dumb People Earn More Than Smart People

Anything related to matters of the mind

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 17, 2021
Looked over the other answers, here is the thing (IMO) that is missing.
GIVE IT A GO!
those who do give it a go, will have a shot at succeeding. Those who don't, won't.
Guy standing at the edge of the basketball court, frozen, never throwing the ball, it never goes in.

You can be frozen (out of action) due to low IQ or high IQ (I could never make that shot, I'm not that smart vs what if this or that goes wrong?)

the ones that win are those get out there, make a shot, and figure out how to improve. Those with high IQ who manage do get out there and start shooting may realize they need to improve xyz, go home, and practice/build muscles/reflexes. Those with low IQ may figure out they aren't hitting because they don't have muscle memory yet, and will stand there and throw the ball 1000 times to get it right.
Neither is wrong, just different.
This is one good example where you can use the see term "It'S aLL AbOuT MiNdSeT" well suited. Like a highlight to those scenarios where you can even have the game in your favor and improve the rest, but you're just afraid of even trying.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 17, 2021
BTW: best way to start with a youtube channel? just start. do 1 video/day and by the end of the month you'll have improved 100x what you could have by just studying and not doing.
Worst case scenario? at the end of 30 days, if you see you made a fundamental error in starting the youtube channel, simply make a new channel, post videos to both channels for a week and tell people to like/subscribe to your new channel.
Funny enough, that's just what I've been doing with my content.

I don't have many videos, but I either try something new to test if it resonates with my audience or look for ways to improve (even if just a little) what I've been doing.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 17, 2021
"How money works" is an amazing channel. Thanks for sharing this video I also saw it yesterday and found it quite interesting. I can only speak from personal experience. I have done IQ tests and I understand that they have many limitations in regard to applying them as a predictor. The reason is they measure a very specific set of skills. Also in my experience, way too many people even if they are extremely smart fail to understand basic economic concepts. Concepts like supply and demand. For example, many times I hear from colleagues in FINANCE AKA the experts, that x,y,z people should be paid more because they did a master's degree and studied and they have skills. And these people have roles like FP&A managers and heads of Finance. I am like what??? Who gives a shit what you studied or how accurate your Big data query is? Way too many people have these skills nowadays so you have to compete with all these people that drive your market value down. And the market is a very selfish place. But NOOOO "I studied and I am good with numbers hence I need to get paid mooooooore". Five years from now, I will be laughing on the sidelines when these roles (including my current role) become obsolete while young plumbers and electricians make the big bucks.
Oh boy, this one hits home hahaha.

It's funny to see how certificates or degrees in the financial industry are perceived as the pinnacle of mastery and your "golden ticket" into the big bucks.

And just the other day, I saw they were expecting CFA Level I and (desirably) a Master's degree, just for an entry-level position at a job where you won't be the actual portfolio manager :happy:.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 17, 2021
I don't really like this thread tbh. And while I do not like the Tates either, I think they had a good point in this clip:
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/dzSS53EXY3c?feature=share

I don't want high-IQ people to get demotivated upon reading this thread. The same applies to the opposite low-IQ people. Just go and take action and see for yourself, see how far you can push. Ignore all the "sToOoDiEs ShOw HiGh Iq PeOpLe BaD aT sOcIaL sKiLlS aNd BeCoMe PoOr".
Yes indeed. The point of the thread was not to break people's spirits but to reflect on what they think is missing to get the results they need.

Unfortunately, some people shouldn't know something if it only serves to hold them back.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 17, 2021
Can totally agree this.

The more you learn, the more you know what you don't know.

The wiser you are about your own ignorance & shortcomings.

High IQ also makes one's relationships difficult.

I tend to look for the sweet spot between "I know this. I can do it!" and "Damn! After learning more about this topic now I know enough to get myself into trouble" hahaha

Manasseh Pawlos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Dec 20, 2022
BTW: best way to start with a youtube channel? just start. do 1 video/day and by the end of the month you'll have improved 100x what you could have by just studying and not doing.
Worst case scenario? at the end of 30 days, if you see you made a fundamental error in starting the youtube channel, simply make a new channel, post videos to both channels for a week and tell people to like/subscribe to your new channel.
Haha literally what I've been doing the past month. 4-7 short-form vids a week. Trial and error is a great teacher

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Have you ever thought about this? My mentor, John, taught me this when I was a young pup in the RE business:

People don't want to do business with people who are smarter than they are. They pat the smart person on his back and tell him how smart he is. Then they walk away never to return. They don't want to risk being cheated by the smarter person or feel like they are less than that other person. The only exception in this is for dealing with a professional like an attorney or doctor. Then the average person limits their exposure to that person in their professional relationship. They don't have a drink with the smarter person or make them their best buddy. Extraordinary intelligence is scary for the average.

And most really smart people don't know that they are being stigmatized for being too smart. Many are perfectionists and struggle with simply getting along in a world whose social rules evade them. They'd rather be part of the popular crowd and fit in. They are the square pegs in the proverbial round holes.

John taught me to "dumb it down" and save my brilliance for other than my business moments. Can you tell that I've thought about this a lot? There are a lot of times I know a lot more about things and how they work than the person who is telling me all about the subject. I nod and let them have their 15 minutes in the sun. I have learned it's not important most of the time to reveal myself. I have really learned to fly under the radar.

The same goes for letting others know about one's level of success!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Have you ever thought about this? My mentor, John, taught me this when I was a young pup in the RE business:

People don't want to do business with people who are smarter than they are. They pat the smart person on his back and tell him how smart he is. Then they walk away never to return. They don't want to risk being cheated by the smarter person or feel like they are less than that other person. The only exception in this is for dealing with a professional like an attorney or doctor. Then the average person limits their exposure to that person in their professional relationship. They don't have a drink with the smarter person or make them their best buddy. Extraordinary intelligence is scary for the average.

And most really smart people don't know that they are being stigmatized for being too smart. Many are perfectionists and struggle with simply getting along in a world whose social rules evade them. They'd rather be part of the popular crowd and fit in. They are the square pegs in the proverbial round holes.

John taught me to "dumb it down" and save my brilliance for other than my business moments. Can you tell that I've thought about this a lot? There are a lot of times I know a lot more about things and how they work than the person who is telling me all about the subject. I nod and let them have their 15 minutes in the sun. I have learned it's not important most of the time to reveal myself. I have really learned to fly under the radar.

The same goes for letting others know about one's level of success!
This is so true WJK. Like MJ said with the Costanza Principle, if you recognize this and do the opposite, there are a lot of benefits. Example: befriend the doctor (and the lawyer)! You might glean valuable medical and legal insights from those conversations you have over a beer. You will have a friend who has valuable expertise. (Doctor and lawyer are just an example)

And it's give and take, so share your high level knowledge with them, too. I'm sure if they are smart, they will be appreciative. Conventional wisdom is to keep your best info close to the vest. I think doing the opposite is rewarding (within reason - don't give away your trade secrets).

Sadly, the average person has little to share besides who's dating who on the latest Netflix original.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.