The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dry Erase Board Visualization

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Last year I bought a dry erase board and hung it in my office/bedroom.

dry-erase-board.jpg

You can find them at Walmart or on Amazon. $50 bucks or less for a nice size one.

I hung the board using command strips to the wall. It hasn't fallen.

Everyone has their own way to hash out ideas or think about things. I've really grown to like the board because it lets me do a few things..

- I can write phrases I come across or daily mantras that I see easily everyday as soon as I walk into the room. I read these motivational phrases and it keeps my mind focused on the path. I keep the top half of my board filled with quotes and simple messages at all times.

- I always have ideas floating in my head and I will just pick up the marker when I'm browsing websites or just thinking and write stuff down. I can quickly jot ideas, easily erase, talk to myself essentially using the board. If what I've scribbled down looks good or makes sense or I want to keep it, I take out my phone and snap a pic. I now have it saved and can reference it easily in my photos. I can also send these photos to other people if it makes sense to do so.

- On the note of sending your stuff to other people....I work with designers and developers a lot and I find having a sketch makes things so much easier. I will sketch out wire-frames or design mocks and simply send it to the contractor. Makes it so much smoother and it also helps you visualize the final product much quicker rather than going back and forth with whoever is helping you. I believe it's even faster than using a wire frame website to drag and drop elements and get stuck spending hours trying to make it look good.

Anyway - just thought I'd share this in case it helps anyone. Everyone has their own methods, but this one has seemed to help me lately.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
I do the same thing. It helps get ideas out and map out plans etc.

If I need to erase stuff and still want or need what's there I take a picture with my phone so I can reference it when needed.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I use my whiteboard all the time - it's invaluable for me.

It's about 18 feet wide and four feet tall. You can get rolls very inexpensively on Amazon that you simply roll & stick onto your wall, and connect a bunch together to create a really big surface to work with. It's not the most elegant whiteboard ever, but very high value.

Mine turns into a to-do list, memory dump, idea development space, etc. When friends come over it turns into a doodling board haha.

Definitely worth having if you're a visually oriented person.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I got a really long one from (7 or 8 foot wide and at least 3 feet high) from an IT department clear out back in 2005 that covered almost my entire wall. Without it I would never have been able to understand options trading, plan a speech or talk or make quick physical notes of ideas as I come up with them. I'd have to say that that whiteboard was more than a little responsible for my current freedom. Being able to write out some plans or work something out in big bold marker makes a big difference.

Essential and indispensable. If you're reading this and you don't have a large whiteboard in your working space, get one this weekend and make it as big as possible. You'll need blue black red and green bullet nose felt markers. Those chiselled ones don't work as well and here's a tip; I always "seasoned" my tips by tapping their pointy ends on the white board to mash them out a bit so you get nice thick lines.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Purchased a 3 x 4 one this weekend.

I like the idea of it and I think a whiteboard is a great way to get your ideas flowing and quick thoughts in writing so you can refer back to it later.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.