The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dropshipping keyword research query

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
Creating an online dropshipping site involves selecting keywords targeted to a country. With that in mind, while selecting a good niche keyword what is the minimum number of monthly searches one should expect to get for that keyword IN THAT COUNTRY? Say for example, if I were to research if a niche item would be popular in Switzerland, at the minimum, how many monthly searches would show market potential within Switzerland?

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
It is not all about choosing one or 10 keywords. Your site will be specific to a few main keywords if you are choosing a niche but you should never focus on just a few keywords.

You should be focusing on the hundreds of long tail keywords which will be easy to rank. I have a site which targets 10,000 exact local searches for the keyword which my niche is about. But I dont target this keyword I target the 500 long tail keywords which support this keyword. Naturally by using those long tail keywords you will strengthen the main keyword as well.

Example if you were targeting dog training. Your keywords "cool dog training", "best dog training", "dog training guide" would all strengthen "dog training" and pull in traffic from those keywords. Diversify to the max!

With current updates with google, you will need to focus on diversifying your anchor texts and by targeting long tail keywords I have never been hit nor do I plan to in the near future. I see time and time again people want to target that big money keyword when they can target 100 keywords that are way easier and pull in just as much traffic. Then they get hit with google's updates because it is so easy to look at your anchor profile and see that it looks like you are trying to manipulate anchor text. A natural looking site will have tons of different anchors.

I use 20% main keyword, 60% long tail keywords, 10% naked URLs and random "click here" type links. Automate your link building and build tons of links which makes it easy to spit out tons of different anchors.

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
It is not all about choosing one or 10 keywords. Your site will be specific to a few main keywords if you are choosing a niche but you should never focus on just a few keywords.

You should be focusing on the hundreds of long tail keywords which will be easy to rank. I have a site which targets 10,000 exact local searches for the keyword which my niche is about. But I dont target this keyword I target the 500 long tail keywords which support this keyword. Naturally by using those long tail keywords you will strengthen the main keyword as well.

Example if you were targeting dog training. Your keywords "cool dog training", "best dog training", "dog training guide" would all strengthen "dog training" and pull in traffic from those keywords. Diversify to the max!

With current updates with google, you will need to focus on diversifying your anchor texts and by targeting long tail keywords I have never been hit nor do I plan to in the near future. I see time and time again people want to target that big money keyword when they can target 100 keywords that are way easier and pull in just as much traffic. Then they get hit with google's updates because it is so easy to look at your anchor profile and see that it looks like you are trying to manipulate anchor text. A natural looking site will have tons of different anchors.

I use 20% main keyword, 60% long tail keywords, 10% naked URLs and random "click here" type links. Automate your link building and build tons of links which makes it easy to spit out tons of different anchors.

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply Dan!

You use "20% main keyword, 60% long tail keywords" for these hundreds of keywords how many monthly searches(i.e., by country) should they have in total to show that the niche has potential? I think there should be a minimum monthly search threshold that shows that that niche generate an ROI

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
Honestly it is hard to say. You can go through a niche that visitors just don't buy. Obviously if there is no traffic there can be no sales. I would start out with 10,000 exact local searches at least. I usually go for super niches around 15,000 a month. Be sure to add up the long tails as well.

It all matters if people are buying and what your margins are. But you won't know until you do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.