Jay2
New Contributor
- Joined
- Sep 14, 2015
- Messages
- 15
Rep Bank
$60
$60
User Power: 40%
hope this is in the right section, please move it if it's not.
I've been working on a ecomm market place website for about 2+ months. Initially in my business plan I thought I would be drop shopping, then I realized I would rather fulfill orders, however since the product is semi-perishable the manufactures that I spoke with this week prefer their product drop shipped to preserve their brand and to guarantee freshness. I agree with this, even though it's a slight set back to the business plan.
So far I have contacted 4/10 manufactures, 1 does offer drop shipping using shipstation.com. with great margins for me as well. So I made an account on shipstation to tinker around, site seems fairly straight forward.
Today I talked to another manufacturer in the LA area, he didn't seem to understand the concept of drop shipping, but when I explained the concept to him he seemed to agree and be ok with it, said we'll talk next week after he looks at a few things, price catalog etc.
Issues I need to reconcile -
1.) What do you do if several different manufactures accept drop shipping but don't use the same platform like shipstation? for example if the second manufac ends up working with me, how does my business transfer payment to his business without incurring unnecessary fees? The product will cost around $17-20 + taxes and shipping, so about $27 shipped, minus my sale commission (25-30%) My website is set up to collect either credit card or paypal, however I'm not sure what the most efficient method to transfer funds is, I know paypal collects 4% already. The second manufacturer said I could e-mail the customer order and they can ship it via express, but I don't understand best way to transfer funds, especially when it may be 20-50 transactions/week.
2.) Since this is a drop ship business, what is the easiest way to have the manufacturer use a template to print the invoice when the product ships to a customer? Obviously I want the invoice to name my company, but I don't know the correct way to have them do this per each order.
Appreciate the help/solution!
I've been working on a ecomm market place website for about 2+ months. Initially in my business plan I thought I would be drop shopping, then I realized I would rather fulfill orders, however since the product is semi-perishable the manufactures that I spoke with this week prefer their product drop shipped to preserve their brand and to guarantee freshness. I agree with this, even though it's a slight set back to the business plan.
So far I have contacted 4/10 manufactures, 1 does offer drop shipping using shipstation.com. with great margins for me as well. So I made an account on shipstation to tinker around, site seems fairly straight forward.
Today I talked to another manufacturer in the LA area, he didn't seem to understand the concept of drop shipping, but when I explained the concept to him he seemed to agree and be ok with it, said we'll talk next week after he looks at a few things, price catalog etc.
Issues I need to reconcile -
1.) What do you do if several different manufactures accept drop shipping but don't use the same platform like shipstation? for example if the second manufac ends up working with me, how does my business transfer payment to his business without incurring unnecessary fees? The product will cost around $17-20 + taxes and shipping, so about $27 shipped, minus my sale commission (25-30%) My website is set up to collect either credit card or paypal, however I'm not sure what the most efficient method to transfer funds is, I know paypal collects 4% already. The second manufacturer said I could e-mail the customer order and they can ship it via express, but I don't understand best way to transfer funds, especially when it may be 20-50 transactions/week.
2.) Since this is a drop ship business, what is the easiest way to have the manufacturer use a template to print the invoice when the product ships to a customer? Obviously I want the invoice to name my company, but I don't know the correct way to have them do this per each order.
Appreciate the help/solution!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
