The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dreaming.. Travelling and building or running a online business - well now you can.

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
No joke, I've spent my whole night obsessing over this new business that has just recently launched. It's called Roams, they basically own hotel style accommodation set up for people like us, essentially to a create a life where you build your business, travel the world, live and be with like minded people.

Check it out here: https://www.roam.co/explorer/

Ps. I know this sounds like I'm promoting on behalf of them, but I promise you I am not. I have just fallen in love with this company, I think it's changed my whole plan for next year, and I am feeling very excited.

I think it's about $1800USD a month, and you can stay in any of their global locations.

So, who's tempted?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Serty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Sep 17, 2016
Denmark
What a great concept! Would love to try this when my business is up and running so I got something to work on.

Michael Clark

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Aug 22, 2016
Scotland
Sounds like a kind of "Work holiday". That's a really cool concept for people with location independent businesses.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Similar to this: http://www.remoteyear.com/.

These businesses are popping up and fill a huge need.

Only problem I have with them is the lack of control/value. For example, Little Havana, Miami doesn't have near the same appeal as Havana, Cuba. You're overpaying and not getting the South Beach experience (which is why you'd want to be in Miami). In actual Cuba you'd be getting at least 4x more for your dollar.

The biggest reason I have for traveling is to get the $100k tax exemption. It makes zero sense to travel in the U.S. when you can save $35k in taxes, travel the world, and live like a king.

In my opinion: Traveling yourself + meeting locals through couchsurfing (you don't have to stay with them), is a lot cheaper and better of an experience. However, it does come at the downside of having to create your own social circle vs just paying for one.

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
And for anyone interested, I'd be up for creating a Scottsdale 2.0 in a remote part of the world (Thailand, the Philippines, China) with a focus on e-commerce. Let me know if that's your thing. We'd need three of us to get the ball rolling.

I would be interested in this (but don't do eCommerce). Will be heading to Thailand in November for at least 3-4 months. You should make a thread about it!

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
I would be interested in this (but don't do eCommerce). Will be heading to Thailand in November for at least 3-4 months. You should make a thread about it!

And for anyone interested, I'd be up for creating a Scottsdale 2.0 in a remote part of the world (Thailand, the Philippines, China) with a focus on e-commerce. Let me know if that's your thing. We'd need three of us to get the ball rolling.

Interested as well.

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014

Where'd you get to with this?

I'm working on ecomm out of Thailand atm...

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Where'd you get to with this?

I'm working on ecomm out of Thailand atm...

Leaving the country next month. Didn't get much interest here, so planning to set up a base in China from March to June (have a network of a few great people there), but still open to Southeast Asia rest of the year.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
The biggest reason I have for traveling is to get the $100k tax exemption

It's actually more than that with the housing credit ($30k-60k extra depending on where you live). Make sure you have a good accountant and @GlobalWealth expert.

Roam is cool, but I don't like the lack of freedom - which is one of the biggest reasons I travel. For example, I lived in Bali for 7 months, and the last place I'd pick to stay long term is Ubud.

Additionally, my business brings me to some interesting places: Canton in China, Banking in Europe, residency/citizenship in Georgia buying a high end time piece in Hong Kong (OK that's not technically for business) - so I need to be flexible.

However, for anyone wanting the digital nomad type experience, but afraid to get their feet wet, Roam is a great option.

Last edited:

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Leaving the country next month. Didn't get much interest here, so planning to set up a base in China from March to June (have a network of a few great people there), but still open to Southeast Asia rest of the year

Nice. I'm due there in the new year to lock down a manufacturer. Where you setting up?

I'm heading to Danang after Chiang Mai to get me some surf and live a lifestyle that's pretty similar to what I get in CM.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Nice. I'm due there in the new year to lock down a manufacturer. Where you setting up?

I'm heading to Danang after Chiang Mai to get me some surf and live a lifestyle that's pretty similar to what I get in CM.

I'll be in Beijing.

Reason why: My friends have a strong network there of Ivy League grads, investors, and tech entrepreneurs. It's not the nicest city, and I'd hate to live there for more than a few months, but it's great for short periods. Plus, I'm not a nightlife guy, but the nightclubs are Vegas-like crazy and absolutely free to party in if you're foreign. Beijing's the base. Guangzhou area is where I'll be flying into to do business.

I'll message you directly and see if there's a place we could meet up. I'd love to visit the Philippines and tap into the English-speaking workforce - hire top talent pennies on the dollar to grow the business. Or head to Thailand/Vietnam/Indonesia to get a new experience and relax for a bit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.