Hey Everyone,
I don’t know about you guys, but I find the holidays especially hard being an entrepreneur. My family consists of doctors, a lawyer, executives with good jobs, and some successful business people who run traditional brick and mortar businesses. They make slow, steady, consistent progress and come to family events ready to brag about their latest promotion, which allowed them to finance the new BMW. I clearly understand this is “slowlane†type thinking and actions on their part, but it’s hard not to doubt my self?
I closed down my company to start a fastlane business, and I’m working on a risky expensive venture. I could be a billionaire or living on the street in the next year, who knows…
So I was wondering if any of you had any tips regarding family, and dealing with slowlanners? I personally keep my projects very close to the chest, if they don’t pan out I don’t have to explain my failure to 50 people, but maybe that’s wrong? I’m thinking of just telling people what I’m doing this year, which is also annoying in itself because slowlanners don’t usually understand new ideas.
Any tips? Any clever ideas dealing with slowlaners?
I don’t know about you guys, but I find the holidays especially hard being an entrepreneur. My family consists of doctors, a lawyer, executives with good jobs, and some successful business people who run traditional brick and mortar businesses. They make slow, steady, consistent progress and come to family events ready to brag about their latest promotion, which allowed them to finance the new BMW. I clearly understand this is “slowlane†type thinking and actions on their part, but it’s hard not to doubt my self?
I closed down my company to start a fastlane business, and I’m working on a risky expensive venture. I could be a billionaire or living on the street in the next year, who knows…
So I was wondering if any of you had any tips regarding family, and dealing with slowlanners? I personally keep my projects very close to the chest, if they don’t pan out I don’t have to explain my failure to 50 people, but maybe that’s wrong? I’m thinking of just telling people what I’m doing this year, which is also annoying in itself because slowlanners don’t usually understand new ideas.
Any tips? Any clever ideas dealing with slowlaners?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
