Andreas Thiel
Regular Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hi all,
I realize this might sound a lot like asking you guys to make a huge life decision for me, but I can assure you I have already spent quite some time pondering the question, am already in motion and will go with a best guess decision if there are zero replies.
Impulses might change my trajectory. There is a lot of doubt that might be resolved with anecdotes or words of wisdom.
For me, some advice here is at odds with competing advice. Namely:
a) you should have a growth mentality and you constantly need to expand your comfort zone
b) you should commit and work on your business until it is valuable and profitable ("business monogamy")
I can see how this can be seen as an optimization challenge, but I am wondering if it makes sense to emphasize one over the other when you know that you have a huge deficit in one area.
In my case I execute all day, every day (working on software in a day job) but changes of pace and unexpected events are extremely rare. Now I fear that being in guppy mode around the clock might cost me in the long run.
On the other hand I feel that having a finished MVP / prototype would give me leverage that I could use for a smoother transition into shark mode maybe a year from now.
What I am considering is introducing challenges and stretch goals into my life. These challenges would delay progress on the project that I am working on and force me to go where "it hurts".
Can't really say I am leaning in one direction at this point.
I wanted to use a decision matrix, but I could not think of more than two points to take into consideration (let alone come up with a factor for them).
Thoughts? Thanks!
I realize this might sound a lot like asking you guys to make a huge life decision for me, but I can assure you I have already spent quite some time pondering the question, am already in motion and will go with a best guess decision if there are zero replies.
Impulses might change my trajectory. There is a lot of doubt that might be resolved with anecdotes or words of wisdom.
For me, some advice here is at odds with competing advice. Namely:
a) you should have a growth mentality and you constantly need to expand your comfort zone
b) you should commit and work on your business until it is valuable and profitable ("business monogamy")
I can see how this can be seen as an optimization challenge, but I am wondering if it makes sense to emphasize one over the other when you know that you have a huge deficit in one area.
In my case I execute all day, every day (working on software in a day job) but changes of pace and unexpected events are extremely rare. Now I fear that being in guppy mode around the clock might cost me in the long run.
On the other hand I feel that having a finished MVP / prototype would give me leverage that I could use for a smoother transition into shark mode maybe a year from now.
What I am considering is introducing challenges and stretch goals into my life. These challenges would delay progress on the project that I am working on and force me to go where "it hurts".
Can't really say I am leaning in one direction at this point.
I wanted to use a decision matrix, but I could not think of more than two points to take into consideration (let alone come up with a factor for them).
Thoughts? Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
