- Joined
- Sep 9, 2014
- Messages
- 86
Rep Bank
$755
$755
User Power: 280%
In 3 months, I will no longer be welcome to live in my home of over 13 years.
I am 18 years old.
Don’t you dare feel sorry for me.
I was on track to go to college, reapply to the US Military Academy, and become an officer. I was going to serve, then start into a high-paying career as a (insert slowlane job). My parents were over the moon with pride.
And then I changed my mind.
Now, just one month after beginning my supposed “gap year”, it has been made clear that I need to be out by the end of this semester. They are embarrassed to tell friends what I’m doing, and have told me so directly. I have gone from the perfect child to the black sheep.
And I have never felt more free.
Before me are presented two options.
Option One: Take my parents’ money and some loans, attend college like a “good boy”, and graduate with an average job and average life trying to pay back all my debt.
Option Two: Move out, live within my meager means for as long as necessary, and pursue my Fastlane plan. If I deem it valuable, I can then attend college with my own money.
Guess which one I’m going to choose?
Luckily, I’m not jumping into this blindly. I have 4 actionable, scalable, and valuable Fastlane business plans lined up. One is in its early stages, and already making money. The other three are waiting to either be the next step in wealth creation or a backup plan in case this one fails.
I have never been more scared in my life.
But what’s life without taking risks?
I choose the Fastlane.
I choose freedom.
I choose life.
And don't you dare feel sorry for me.
This might evolve into a progress thread if I feel like it will add value. But for now, I just hope I can encourage the younger Fastlaners to make the tough decisions. Life's too short to wait for your big break.
Go out and make it for yourself.
Till next time!
I am 18 years old.
Don’t you dare feel sorry for me.
I was on track to go to college, reapply to the US Military Academy, and become an officer. I was going to serve, then start into a high-paying career as a (insert slowlane job). My parents were over the moon with pride.
And then I changed my mind.
Now, just one month after beginning my supposed “gap year”, it has been made clear that I need to be out by the end of this semester. They are embarrassed to tell friends what I’m doing, and have told me so directly. I have gone from the perfect child to the black sheep.
And I have never felt more free.
Before me are presented two options.
Option One: Take my parents’ money and some loans, attend college like a “good boy”, and graduate with an average job and average life trying to pay back all my debt.
Option Two: Move out, live within my meager means for as long as necessary, and pursue my Fastlane plan. If I deem it valuable, I can then attend college with my own money.
Guess which one I’m going to choose?
Luckily, I’m not jumping into this blindly. I have 4 actionable, scalable, and valuable Fastlane business plans lined up. One is in its early stages, and already making money. The other three are waiting to either be the next step in wealth creation or a backup plan in case this one fails.
I have never been more scared in my life.
But what’s life without taking risks?
I choose the Fastlane.
I choose freedom.
I choose life.
And don't you dare feel sorry for me.
This might evolve into a progress thread if I feel like it will add value. But for now, I just hope I can encourage the younger Fastlaners to make the tough decisions. Life's too short to wait for your big break.
Go out and make it for yourself.
Till next time!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
