The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't let money or your cubicle hell stop you from traveling...

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thank you for your insights, @GlobalWealth. What do you mean by "primarily living in Latvia?" Is it more like 6-8 months (the majority of the year), or just a couple of months? Do you regularly come back (meaning you don't stay away for more than a few weeks at most) or spend, say, 6 months in a row there and then don't go back for a few months?

Like I mentioned earlier, I only did it once and it was only for about 100 days. Still, at the end of my stay (though it had its highlights and it was a very valuable experience) I thought that life was passing me by back in my country where all my friends, family, etc. live.

Except for a few days, I stayed in one place, but I couldn't make it feel like home. Perhaps it just wasn't the right place for me, perhaps PT lifestyle is not for me and I need to have one home base to stay sane and do shorter trips (3-4 weeks at most).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
The longest I've been away in one stint is about 2 months. But sometimes I am gone 2 weeks every month.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I feel like I need to come home after 4 weeks. The longest I've been gone is 2 months. But I've done 1 month stints many times. But I have a business where I do need to touch and feel my product, look at samples, etc... which is hard to do when you are moving around.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I feel like I need to come home after 4 weeks. The longest I've been gone is 2 months. But I've done 1 month stints many times. But I have a business where I do need to touch and feel my product, look at samples, etc... which is hard to do when you are moving around.

ever wonder how to do it for 6 months - year and not be a weed slinging hippie? Just me?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I don't know how they stand the heat though. Bangkok Sukhumvit area is crazy at night. Recommend staying in Loft hotel if you there anytime.
It beats the alternative imo. I hate being cold.

Indeed it is. A few of my friends who live out of town stay there whenever they come into the city. I'm guessing you mean Aloft on Sukhumvit soi 11?

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

Christian949

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 13, 2015
It beats the alternative imo. I hate being cold.

Indeed it is. A few of my friends who live out of town stay there whenever they come into the city. I'm guessing you mean Aloft on Sukhumvit soi 11?
Yes, this one.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
t6dkid.jpg

click it to zoom in.

Please SEARCH before posting.