The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Domain Apraisal

Cowxq

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 13, 2008
Hey all I have a quick question. I recently have decided to try and sell a few of my old domain names that I don't plan on using and I was wondering the easiest way to go about it. In your guys experience what has been the best site, or most secure site that you know of for domain transfers. How exactly does it all work as I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this stuff. Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
For domain transfers I have positive experience with Sedo.com (although it isn't the best site for domain parking).

For domain parking I recommend NameDrive.com. I recently moved the majority of my domain names from Sedo to NameDrive based on an advice of Jorge here on the Fastlane forum. I must say that I'm quite satisfied with that move. I get more views and a higher income from clicks than with Sedo.

Don't spend money on appraisals by so-called experts. I had domain names that were appraised at a value of $ 100 and that I sold for more than $ 1,000. It all depends on finding the right buyer.
You may want to join the forum at namepros.com. You will find all the information you need on domain appraisals, sales and parking.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Hey all I have a quick question. I recently have decided to try and sell a few of my old domain names that I don't plan on using and I was wondering the easiest way to go about it. In your guys experience what has been the best site, or most secure site that you know of for domain transfers. How exactly does it all work as I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this stuff. Thanks

Why not use Sedo.com?

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
I'm not to fond of the appraisals i've been given on many sites. :coco:

I received a totally random x,xxx offer for a name I bought for fun... :hurray:

I've been researching and it's all about finding a good end buyer.

I guess in your situation, when just listing them on a auction site the appraisal will be quite accurate but you never really know who might want it and what it's actually worth to them.

Cowxq

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 13, 2008
Well I guess I can give you guys the whole run down on the situation then. I recently listed a domain of mine up for sale on ebay. After about 3 days I received an email inquiring as to how much I was willing to sell the domain for. I told the buyer that I was leaving the amount he was willing to pay up to him and received and email back later that day. He said he would pay $9,000 what wanted the name to be appraised first. The site he wanted me to use was www.easynamesale.com . I asked if using sedo was ok and he said he didn't prefer it for appraisals because they raise the price since they take a 10% commissions. Do you guys see this as a scam. I'm pretty much waiting for advice on what to do for the next step as I don't want to fall into a scam, but I don't want to lose my buyer either.

Venturer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 11, 2007
Well I guess I can give you guys the whole run down on the situation then. I recently listed a domain of mine up for sale on ebay. After about 3 days I received an email inquiring as to how much I was willing to sell the domain for. I told the buyer that I was leaving the amount he was willing to pay up to him and received and email back later that day. He said he would pay $9,000 what wanted the name to be appraised first. The site he wanted me to use was www.easynamesale.com . I asked if using sedo was ok and he said he didn't prefer it for appraisals because they raise the price since they take a 10% commissions. Do you guys see this as a scam. I'm pretty much waiting for advice on what to do for the next step as I don't want to fall into a scam, but I don't want to lose my buyer either.

This is definitely a scam. I received several of those offers on some of my domain names. Don't fall for it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Please take a look at NameDrive and NamePros as I suggested yesterday.
On Namepros you can get appraisals from quite experienced domain name traders for free by just posting your domain name in the correct section of the forum with an appraisal request.

But again even those appraisals can be way off. Getting your domain name in front of somebody who has a special need or use for it, can result in a selling price which is much higher than the price determined in standard appraisals.

You can also post your domain name on Wulux.com. I think you can do this in parallel to Sedo or any other without any harm.
The Wulux site as such is a flop, but it gets indexed by Google and you never know which potential buyers may visit Wulux every now and then. Since there are not so many names on Wulux it is easier to get noticed.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Thanks for the rep.
I wish you good luck with finding the right buyer(s) for your domain name(s).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.