The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does it really take money to make money?

bigbet1234

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 17, 2011
What if you have a great product. You need labeling, marketing, inventory, production......

I see where people start out of their house with minimal investment. I imagine you can start small and maybe take on some investors when you prove there is a market for it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
You want to buy stocks, you need money

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
What if you have a great product. You need labeling, marketing, inventory, production......

I see where people start out of their house with minimal investment. I imagine you can start small and maybe take on some investors when you prove there is a market for it?

Concerning creating products, you do need some capital if you are looking to manufacturing it yourself. But if you have some negotiating skills and do your homework, it can be done.

Outsourcing is a beautiful thing!

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
If you are an entrepreneur you do not need money to make money.

Using money to create money is for mortals like myself and others.

Best regards.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Examples of making money without money:

A while ago there was a guy who traded a red paperclip for things on craig's list. I think he ended up with a house.

Offer to walk a dog for money

trim the grass on a lawn for money

Clear the snow from a persons home for money

Recycle bottles for money

Find something for free on cragis list and sell it for money.

I could go on and on. Opportunity is everyplace, you just have to want it bad enough.

John C.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 5, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Big,

I think you need enough money to prove the concept. You need to get from the idea stage to the where you have validated the market and your ability to manage and grow the company.

Once you have proven the concept you can get all the money you need. However the earlier in the process you get outside money, the more you give up. If you go for outside money too early in the process, there is a strong possibility that you will lose control. Entrepreneurs tend to be overly optimistic - they underestimate the time and money required to achieve self-sustaining growth. When you go back to investors for additional funding, you will generally take a bad hair cut.

Unless you have some personal money, can get some from friends and relatives who believe in and are willing to invest in you, it is a real struggle to get started. You might explore the possibility of contract production until you have sufficient growth to do your own. In my mind, the most important activity for a new company is revenue generation. Spend your time and effort marketing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.