- Joined
- May 24, 2013
- Messages
- 353
Rep Bank
$1,330
$1,330
User Power: 160%
Before I built my first niche site (info site), throughout my research I had read that it is good to stay away from product keywords (ex: fishing pole, guitar, skateboard etc) if they have ecommerce sites (walmart, bass pro shop, home depot) ranking on them because "google favors them and it is very hard to pass them in the search results page." But after reading this forum and learning a little bit about building ecommerce sites I am curious to learn more about it. Just wanted some insight from people who build ecommerce sites and whether or not there is any truth to what I read.
I was thinking maybe that since sites like walmart, home depot, etc aren't directly targeting my keyword and they sell such a variety of things, if I was to have an entire site on a very specific niche if I would have a decent chance against them. Thanks
I was thinking maybe that since sites like walmart, home depot, etc aren't directly targeting my keyword and they sell such a variety of things, if I was to have an entire site on a very specific niche if I would have a decent chance against them. Thanks
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
