The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone think like Charlie Munger here?

AvocadoMan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 14, 2017
Australia
Has anyone here read Poor Charlie's Almanack? And if so what are your thoughts on his way of thinking - the multidisciplinary approach?

From my understanding, what he does is, combine principles from a wide variety of disciplines, from psychology, to physics, to economics, and uses them to shape how he sees the world? In doing so he believes you will develop great problem solving ability's and have a deeper understanding of how the world works...he says you learn to see everything as one big system held together by different principles.

I applied a similar approach to the study of Electricity and Electrical math - and it worked very well. Faced with complex electrical equations and principles, without even being able to do basic math, I had no idea what to do. But I looked for the underlying principles and relationships between the equations plus electrical principles, built a new understanding and tried to see how everything was connected. Now even though I failed math in High School, I am around the top of my class - which is filled with people who are much better at math than myself.

Anyone's thoughts and experience with this way of thinking would be greatly appreciated :)

If you are interested in learning more about how he thinks, just comment and I'll link you everything I can find.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Yes, I own Poor Charlies Almanack, Seeking Wisdom and also Damn right but havent read that one yet. I really like the Lollapalooza concept and the latticework of mental models approach to wisdom.

AvocadoMan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 14, 2017
Australia
Yes, I own Poor Charlies Almanack, Seeking Wisdom and also Damn right but havent read that one yet. I really like the Lollapalooza concept and the latticework of mental models approach to wisdom.
What is seeking wisdom like? Does it go into his way of thinking any further? Charlie intentionally makes it hard to figure out..

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
What is seeking wisdom like? Does it go into his way of thinking any further? Charlie intentionally makes it hard to figure out..
I think it does. Been a while since I read it now. Also farnamstreetblog.com can be to some help.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
i have identified Charles Munger as a NT rational, probably INTJ Mastermind:

1) he reads all the day. he is very smart. he is absent minded in his bubble

2) he doesn't care about society stupidity : wasting time in bars, social events, small talk , etc

all that crap that leads nowhere

3) he has a vision

4) he likes silence, time alone to think deeply away from society distraction and people's stupidity

and so on

which means he is a genius.

i study what he says because we have to stand on the shoulders of giants

not on the shoulders of buddies in bars

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.