The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you think this has potential?

Idea threads

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
Hello guys,

I recently came across a post of a guy who is in the same boat as me life situation wise and a reply to the thread sparked a idea in me (it was related to the reply) to use a building skill of mine (coding) and create a website that could potentially provide value if executed fully and properly. I thought it'd be great as it would test a range of skills at the same time and contribute to developing my general fastlane experience is I guess what you would call it. I thought I would build a forum website dedicated to primary school parents here in the UK as so far there seems to only be specific forums on the individual school's website and none for primary school parents in general. Any thoughts or comments would be really appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sallo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jan 15, 2022
Modena, Italy
Hi Kaan, since I'm not a parent nor I live in the UK I have no cue if it could be a valuable idea.
The only suggestion I could give you is to ask the market. Only the market has the final say on every idea, so ask parents you know, make a survey, launch an MVP before putting too much energy on a project that no one cares.

But be careful. Asking two people and receive a negative response doesn't mean this is a close-end road nor you should be demotivated. Collect enough data and than make a decision.
Moreover, while testing you could find that actually there's more interest in a secondary feature of your forum so you'll end developing it instead of your original idea.

I leave you the link for a great video showing the purpose of an MVP and how to efficiently create it.
View: https://youtu.be/jHyU54GhfGs

ACT, ASSESS, ADJUST is the motto.

Keep us updated!
Best luck,
Sallo

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
Hi Kaan, since I'm not a parent nor I live in the UK I have no cue if it could be a valuable idea.
The only suggestion I could give you is to ask the market. Only the market has the final say on every idea, so ask parents you know, make a survey, launch an MVP before putting too much energy on a project that no one cares.

But be careful. Asking two people and receive a negative response doesn't mean this is a close-end road nor you should be demotivated. Collect enough data and than make a decision.
Moreover, while testing you could find that actually there's more interest in a secondary feature of your forum so you'll end developing it instead of your original idea.

I leave you the link for a great video showing the purpose of an MVP and how to efficiently create it.
View: https://youtu.be/jHyU54GhfGs

ACT, ASSESS, ADJUST is the motto.

Keep us updated!
Best luck,
Sallo
So quick update i pretty much just found a forum that does exactly what I stated but i won't be demotivated by that. Just because it exists doesn't mean the idea is perfected and thank you for the advice

NinjaBartender

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 1, 2022
If a similar forum exists, then that means there is a need/market for it, so that's good!
I'd think about how you could improve on what the competition is doing, add value etc. For example, you could offer free printable resources (like colouring pages, pencil skill pages, flash cards for all sorts of things) or add other things that parents might find useful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
If a similar forum exists, then that means there is a need/market for it, so that's good!
I'd think about how you could improve on what the competition is doing, add value etc. For example, you could offer free printable resources (like colouring pages, pencil skill pages, flash cards for all sorts of things) or add other things that parents might find useful.
Love those examples I really appreciate your comment thank you

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
May 29, 2021
So quick update i pretty much just found a forum that does exactly what I stated but i won't be demotivated by that. Just because it exists doesn't mean the idea is perfected and thank you for the advice
This is good too! There's a chapter in MJ's book where he felt sad about his Lambo idea already being done even though he thought it was a special never before thought off idea.

When he was about to give up, somebody gave him the push to just go do it better. And he did, most of those services had user friendly problems and he dived in to fix that.

Just go do it better!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.