The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you think having an entrepreneurial mindset from a young age has huge advantages over someone who didn't?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Hey team,

I am 24 years old and although I know I am still young, I can't help but get in my head when I read stories about people who are now living the
fast-lane life and they're my age, or even younger. I have never started my own business and I was never focused on entrepreneurship at a young age, it was only until the past two years that I started opening my eyes and becoming more aware of the possibilities.

Do you think that not having this mindset at a young age or not being naturally inclined to the entrepreneurship lifestyle can have a detrimental impact on my success?

The main reason I want to live the fast-lane life is because I genuinely want to help people become healthier and happy, whether that's physical health, mental, spiritual or emotional. The second reason is because I want to be able to work from my laptop, anywhere in the world.

Please tell me how it is. Am I just being too soft and need a kick up the a**?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey team,

I am 24 years old and although I know I am still young, I can't help but get in my head when I read stories about people who are now living the
fast-lane life and they're my age, or even younger. I have never started my own business and I was never focused on entrepreneurship at a young age, it was only until the past two years that I started opening my eyes and becoming more aware of the possibilities.

Do you think that not having this mindset at a young age or not being naturally inclined to the entrepreneurship lifestyle can have a detrimental impact on my success?

The main reason I want to live the fast-lane life is because I genuinely want to help people become healthier and happy, whether that's physical health, mental, spiritual or emotional. The second reason is because I want to be able to work from my laptop, anywhere in the world.

You can do anything you set your mind to... Only you can decide...

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
What can you do at this moment to further your goal?????
I already have a plan that @Ivex helped me formulate. I want to build up a large following on a fitness theme page through Instagram and also create my personal brand IG page. At the same time I’m going to have my online PDF fitness courses in the bio of these accounts and I’m going to attempt to push these followers and viewers from my growing following to my PDF courses.

I know that the fitness scene is an evergreen niche, but I’m not sure what the demand is right now for PDF courses, so I’m not sure if this is a plausible plan, if I focus on something else that is in serious demand right now.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I already have a plan that @Ivex helped me formulate. I want to build up a large following on a fitness theme page through Instagram and also create my personal brand IG page. At the same time I’m going to have my online PDF fitness courses in the bio of these accounts and I’m going to attempt to push these followers and viewers from my growing following to my PDF courses.

I know that the fitness scene is an evergreen niche, but I’m not sure what the demand is right now for PDF courses, so I’m not sure if this is a plausible plan, if I focus on something else that is in serious demand right now.
You are going into a very crowded nitch!

Conquest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 10, 2021
Albany, New York

Warrior,

The day-to-day is troubling where you are. You doubt yourself, you are unsure of your capabilities, and you relentlessly question the difference between ambition and delusion in your future pursuits.

Still, you believe in yourself enough to open your mind, learn from others, and seek answers.

You may slump into old habits and routines, allowing autopilot to relieve you from the burden of ambition. Comfortable with the idea of admiring others' success from a distance.

Still, every so often, your mind jolts you out from the minutia of groundhog day. Your neurons fire together with more kinetic energy than the Apollo's otherworldly combustion. Enough firepower to put the likes of a military-grade M2 flamethrower to shame.

Your eyes widen. Your eyelids fling to the top of your socket.
Your face stretches where you feel the wrinkles along your brow, and onlookers can only assume you had just slipped the smelling salts back into your pocket.

All this momentum just to produce three words. Three words that would break you from the chains you had just so masterfully crafted for yourself in the last 24 years.

"But what if?.."

I had the exact same thoughts a few months ago. It seemed like everyone from the late Tony Hseih, to MJ and others on this board, started their entrepreneurial careers before legal driving age. I was beginning to think entrepreneurship was a set of traits that needed to be cultivated at a young age, and if you missed the bus- you're screwed.

So Wrong.

Even if you hadn't started your self-improvement journey until now. Even if you were approaching 50. Your experiences until now are your strengths and greatest assets. You have developed soft skills that will enable you to move forward and solve your problems one after another. Even your posting here suggests you reached a baseline level of confidence to give your dreams and aspirations a platform.

Regardless of whether we started selling lemonades at ten, or not. We BOTH need to grow into the person that solves problems, is disciplined, and has the skillset to generate hundreds of thousands of dollars without an employer.

So, the three months of selling cold drinks would be nice in retrospect. But not nearly enough to manifest your radiant tomorrow.

Be open-minded, work on yourself, and have the courage to believe in yourself.

P.S.

I had the same idea regarding fitness, as I have been in the gym for ~4 years now. In the given idea, you only thought of the easiest way for YOU to make money. You never mentioned how your followers would benefit uniquely from following you. AKA overdelivering on VALUE-ADDED.

Fitness game is likely clipped unless you 1) have a unique angle, 2) have been training 8+ years or 3) are a genetic anomaly to compensate for having less training experience. A personal brand is an exceptional idea, though, generally speaking.

_donut_

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
Recommended read - "Who took my Cheese"

There is absolutely no way that someone can sit down and plan out step by step a guaranteed successful entrepreneurial life, way too many moving parts of which 99.9% you aren't in control of.

You can have a overall game plan before you set out, or as MJ DeMarco put it, "a roadmap" which will "most likely" lead to a better result, but no way you can plan for the detours, the bad weather and all other random events on a journey. The game plan also is not a set path, more like a general guide, you may or may not have to keep that path or change it entirely.

I've read tons of successful people's biographies. The thing I've noticed is that the moments that lead their lives in that direction of great success and wealth were not planned at all and had no bearing on their intelligence, skills, money ect ect. Something just 'happened' to work out that way. But the key thing is first and foremost, they had to .... be there ....

My favorite Donut for the day:
Chocolate Glazed

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Main advantage of youth is energy. If you can focus that energy in an entrepreneurial direction... Great.

There are other advantages as we become older, but if you want to 'brute-force success' it is best done now when you are young. Later you must rely more on experience, connections, money etc. Not easy if you've become set in your ways and never created the aforementioned three.

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Fitness game is likely clipped unless you 1) have a unique angle, 2) have been training 8+ years or 3) are a genetic anomaly to compensate for having less training experience. A personal brand is an exceptional idea, though, generally speaking.
Yeah it’s insanely oversaturated. I know having an impressive physique is important in this industry especially if you’re going to focus on doing a personal brand.

It’s ironic that you say 8+ years because I’ve been working out since August 2013 so it’s just been over 8 years. Only problem is I’ve lost size because I haven’t been working out recently. Thank god for muscle memory though.

I also have a qualification in personal training and two years experience training clients.

At the moment I don’t have a unique angle but I’ll be thinking of how to differentiate myself from the competitors.

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
You are going into a very crowded nitch!
Is it still possible in your eyes to grow? I know it’s oversaturated but I was reading that the fitness niche is an evergreen niche meaning it’ll never die down. This is true.

In your eyes, do you think if a market is saturated like the fitness niche then you should just not bother?

jstn2907

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 10, 2021
Germany
There is always a younger guy, that has a rich dad or a poor dad. But the most important is not the mindset, it's the decision. The decision, yes I do it! The Decision to Change. Follow your vision and focus on yourself. For example, the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " doesn't make you rich by only reading it. Knowing is not enough, we must apply. If you are overweight and you want to lose weight then you have to act because knowing how to lose weight is not enough. And ask yourself what's the point of asking questions like that? Right the answer is NOTHING. It's just a waste of time. Instead, ask yourself more important questions like which needs, problems and pain points does your target group has. And how you can help them and add value.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”​

― Henry Ford

CLE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Feb 7, 2016
At about 27 or 28 I had the mindset but my exucutions weren't on point and I essentially lost about 5 years worth of any type of progression. I came from a low income abusive home, did time in military, and married a poor woman so I wasn't exactly lined up with great prospects. I got a decent job in my early 30's that I still have. My wife and I do ok for ourselves but I am constantly thinking of ways to break into something of my own and I hope to soon. Surround yourself with actual people who are successful and ditch any people who would just bring you down.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Hey team,

1. Yep you are correct it is a disadvantage, and it has always been true that the earlier you start the better especially when it comes to things like money and business because as you get older in life you get other responsibilities. Don't let this stop you though!

2. I don't know if you're being soft but I don't think that matters right now, you just need to focus on yourself and ignore what others are doing.

I feel ya, I've had that exact same feeling as you especially when I look at the 18 year old's that got rich and I'm a few years older trying to still figure it out. Those stories can definitely be depressing, I try to avoid them as much as possible because comparing myself to other people is a huge waste of energy and you just ruin your mood for no good reason.

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Those stories can definitely be depressing, I try to avoid them as much as possible because comparing myself to other people is a huge waste of energy and you just ruin your mood for no good reason.
for sure, always makes me feel bad. No point consuming that content if it makes me feel bad.

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Surround yourself with actual people who are successful and ditch any people who would just bring you down.
super important. I let go of almost every single friend of mine because I knew they were energy vampires and whenever I would tell them my dreams they would scoff and be sarcastic and laugh at me. They didn’t think I could pick up on that energy but I could. Even some of my family members are a bit condescending. These days I try and not tell anyone what I want to accomplish. I love this forum because it has real people with real results who want to life others up and the amount of useful tips and experiences being shared is insane.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
for sure, always makes me feel bad. No point consuming that content if it makes me feel bad.
Exactly man, and it might make you impatient in the process because you will feel like you need to achieve success as fast as possible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.