The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you have to have the real thing?

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
What surprises me is the fact that on this forum for and by entrepreneurs, nobody (except me) addresses the fact that copying product designs is illegal and unethical.
This is a fact of business. If you create something that makes money the copycats will follow. People will copy your business looking to ride your coat tails as well as undercut you with the thought that people only buy the lowest priced product. This is discussed quite a bit on the forum especially on the inside.

I liked the way they looked but didn't understand why they were 200 dollars
There is a big business that follows this principle. An example in a totally different realm is a couple months ago I was working on my truck and I needed a wiring harness. OEM was one price and their was another company that was much cheaper. It was wires and some plastic plugs where I didn't see the value that the OEM provided so I bought the cheaper. Yes, they were thinner wires and cheaper plastic but for a non wear item that did not matter to me. OEM did provide a better product but not a 1000% better product that the price reflected.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheBigPill

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Aug 6, 2012
My .02

I used to fly professionally (military and commercial aviation). I've had a number of different sun glasses both store bought and military issued. None of them did what I needed them to until I found a cheap pair (about $5) at a drugstore. Here's the two main reasons:

1. Lenses got too dark in sunlight. When in the cockpit and looking outside the glasses became too dark which made it harder to see traffic. Optimally, what you want is a reduction in glare with a corresponding increase in contrast. This allows traffic to stand out without impeding vision.

2. After looking outside and coming back in the glasses would be too dark making it difficult to see the instruments.

Those cheap glasses performed better that many a more expensive pair. IMO there is no over arching rule. Sometimes less expensive things work better. Other times they don't.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I looked up some more that weren't raybands and while looking on the randolph engineering site, I found this quote
"“I’ve never seen a problem that can’t be solved when you’re working 14 hour days.”
— Randolph Engineering founder, Jan Waszkiewicz, commenting on quality control"

Pretty cool

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!