The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do people even care about Alexa rankings anymore?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I remember 7 years ago or so I used to use Alexa rankings to gauge a site. I knew it was kinda BS and could easily be manipulated.

I'd usually just use as a reference to find other links in niches and once I saw under 100k ranking Id take a little more seriously.

Out of habit I still check both mine and others rankings. I have a few sites that may have a chance to break 100k this year and not sure if I will fist pump when it happens or just another useless number that only strokes the ego.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I already forgot that Alexa had it's metric.

I think most people just use Moz, Ahrefs etc.
I don't use them but they have plethora of metrics that don't tell me a lot (DA, PA?)

pinonirvana

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 26, 2020
Malta
I remember 7 years ago or so I used to use Alexa rankings to gauge a site. I knew it was kinda BS and could easily be manipulated.

I'd usually just use as a reference to find other links in niches and once I saw under 100k ranking Id take a little more seriously.

Out of habit I still check both mine and others rankings. I have a few sites that may have a chance to break 100k this year and not sure if I will fist pump when it happens or just another useless number that only strokes the ego.
I check metrics everyday in my job, and I basically rely only on Ahrefs and Majestic.
Then, in case I want to go deeper, I take a look at SemRush and Moz as well, but it is not so necessary...
I personally never watched Alexa rankings.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I don't think anyone ever did.

Thanks man I needed that laugh.

I think I'm just a lazy person and the simplicity of having the tab there makes it so easy. I've started to poke around in Moz after I posted this with my sites and saw the reality that there are a lot of fake metrics going on with Alexa. Ill check out the other ones mentioned above. My traffic is going way up as entering the news cycle in two industries and will have a ton of high quality links so will keep an eye when things ramp up and how Alexa and other tools report.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.