The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Heyo,

To everyone.

Hope all is well. I just wanted to say, that I've wasted over a year, in fact more years due to my ego and confidence.

1704282050753.png

I've shared a pic, this is what most of us experience. It's not fake, there has been multiple studies. It's a safety mechanism our brain does to make us feel safe.

However, you may just pass this read or not bother acknowledging this. Well, that is what I did. Like literally what the graph shows is what I did. I thought I knew enough and that's it - I ran from it.

The truth is - when you avoid something, especially when your brain avoids something. It means that it's something serious. Something important.

Don't let yourself become overconfident. Do not let your ego overcome you. I assure you, overconfidence is dangerous.

Peace be upon you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
just wanted to say, that I've wasted over a year, in fact more years due to my ego and confidence
How so? How did overconfidence make you waste a year?

I would argue that overconfidence is a good thing in many ways because it leads to action.

For example; i've never build a website before but because i am very confident i think i will be able to do it so i just start, then i mess it up, improve and go again and then after some time i have a decent website.

Now compare this to someone with low confidence; I've never build a website before, it is probably really hard and i wil not be able to do it.

Result: overconfident guy made a lot of mistakes but has a website and the person with lower confidence has nothing.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
How so? How did overconfidence make you waste a year?

I would argue that overconfidence is a good thing in many ways because it leads to action.

For example; i've never build a website before but because i am very confident i think i will be able to do it so i just start, then i mess it up, improve and go again and then after some time i have a decent website.

Now compare this to someone with low confidence; I've never build a website before, it is probably really hard and i wil not be able to do it.

Result: overconfident guy made a lot of mistakes but has a website and the person with lower confidence has nothing.
I agree - but that isn’t over confidence. That is having an open mindset and doing something. I’m talking about overconfidence- where you think you have mastered it, but in reality you don’t even know anything.

Hence the diagram to really clear out my point.

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
The Diagram is correct. When I first started programming I thought I was excellent at it and one of the best in the region. It took 7 years to become one of the best.

Also just as important is once you get to the top you must remain humble. Achieving success is dangerous if you don't remain humble and don't set new goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I experienced this last year and it led to burnout and noticing a lot of secretly (and not so secretly) bitter and envious people. This is why you have to stay humble. There are a lot of have nots out there that blame everyone and anything for their failures.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.