What's new

Do I keep control, or delegate?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Salinger

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
121
Location
Colorado
Rep Bank
$330
User Power: 17%
Here's the question I'm wrestling with right now. I'm working on an internet business. Developing the site will require some application programming skills that I don't have, yet. I have two possible routes to take on this:

1- Keep Control - I could develop the site completely by myself by learning as I go building the databases, and applications, making mistakes and taking countless hours just acquiring the knowledge and skills to build the site (which is the business). This will take more time, but I will be intimately familiar with the workings of the site and at no one's mercy for further development and maintenance.

2- Delegate - I can hire someone who already has the expertise to develop the applications I need under my direction. This could be frustrating as I can imagine things will be done differently than I would choose. I may not understand all of the workings, but it should be up and running more quickly. However, If I ultimately have problems with the developer, I would need to find someone else to figure out the code and fix them. Delegation requires trust that I won't be taken advantage of, and won't wind up with problems that result in major business losses.

Thanks for any insights and advice.

(MJ, I'm sure you'll have some input on this, given your background. Also, how would you relate this to your Driver/Passenger analogy?)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Fiqipft - esi zua opvu vji xjumi jepfdagg tdipi? Og puv, fimihevi.

O jef upi catopitt, vxu edvaemmz, xjisi iwisz qsuditt epf qsudifasi xet dmiesmz figopif op nz uxp jief epf jef vu ci fupi nz xez. O xet puv ev vji nisdz ug epz fiwimuqist cav O xet ev vji nisdz ug nz catopitt.

Opwitvoph voni op gohasoph uav jux vu veli efwepvehi ug uvjis't tlommt ot xusvj ov. Tiv gusvj dsovisoe, vji fiw xusl tjuamf emm ci tvepfesft cetif, dupgohasevoup ot ges foggisipv vjep datvunobevoup, tvez exez gsun datvun xusl.

Vji uvjis raitvoup ot xjev fu zua xepv? Fu zua xepv e desiis et e xictovi efnop us fu zua xepv vu neli tuni nupiz ugg e tovi xovjuav tqipfoph emm ug zuas voni nepehoph ov? og zua esi egvis e kuc, liiq dupvsum. Og zua xepv tuni voni cedl, fimihevi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom