The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dilema with applying for "high school"

Rarehelge

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 19, 2023
Norway
In about a months time, i need to have sent in an applicatio for "high school" (it's not the same as american high school, but similar here in norway).
I have not decided where to send my application, and i don't see which of these choises will be the best for me. I'm not asking you make the desision for me, i just want to hear your opinion. I have two choises which seem okay:
  • Electritian-school. This is a very easy and not very time consuming subject. This school is in my hometown, about 3 miles away from me. Many of my friends will go this route.'

• Fishing and hunting boarding school. This school is located in a beatiful valley with mountains a large lake. It is about 40 miles away from where i live now. On this school, i will be building on what i love doing, while getting free food and housing.
I see benefits and negatives with both schools. I'm kind of tired of ny home town, it's starting to get more infested by corruption and "roadmen" (in the last 6 months there has been two houses set on fire and three stabbings in this town of only 1200 people).

The boarding school is a christian school, so i know for a fact that the people there are good and genuine people. Back in my town, i think around 50% of all the boys my age are vaping or smoking.

Although, the boarding school is located in a beatiful and peacful place, it will be wierd leaving home. I don't know how much time i will get to spend on the things that matter at the boarding school.

Please write your opinion below, i'm open to everything :)
Thanks, in regards

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
In about a months time, i need to have sent in an applicatio for "high school" (it's not the same as american high school, but similar here in norway).
I have not decided where to send my application, and i don't see which of these choises will be the best for me. I'm not asking you make the desision for me, i just want to hear your opinion. I have two choises which seem okay:
  • Electritian-school. This is a very easy and not very time consuming subject. This school is in my hometown, about 3 miles away from me. Many of my friends will go this route.'

• Fishing and hunting boarding school. This school is located in a beatiful valley with mountains a large lake. It is about 40 miles away from where i live now. On this school, i will be building on what i love doing, while getting free food and housing.
I see benefits and negatives with both schools. I'm kind of tired of ny home town, it's starting to get more infested by corruption and "roadmen" (in the last 6 months there has been two houses set on fire and three stabbings in this town of only 1200 people).

The boarding school is a christian school, so i know for a fact that the people there are good and genuine people. Back in my town, i think around 50% of all the boys my age are vaping or smoking.

Although, the boarding school is located in a beatiful and peacful place, it will be wierd leaving home. I don't know how much time i will get to spend on the things that matter at the boarding school.

Please write your opinion below, i'm open to everything :)
Thanks, in regards

It's about what motivates you. Do you like hunting and fishing? Can you see yourself turning this into a business later in life? Or does working with circuits and technology give you a buzz?

Those are some pretty mad crime stats for your town, perhaps it's just an anomaly?

Rarehelge

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 19, 2023
Norway
It's about what motivates you. Do you like hunting and fishing? Can you see yourself turning this into a business later in life? Or does working with circuits and technology give you a buzz?

Those are some pretty mad crime stats for your town, perhaps it's just an anomaly?
Yeah, well, being outdors has been a passion my entire life. It’s such a great way to relax and escape from the stressful world all around me.
The electrician-school is said to be really hard, although I could get some decent jobs (not my goal).

If I choose the boarding school, I think I will make awesome friends, and perhaps have the time to work on a business.
I guess I should set up a benefits/setbacks list for the two schools.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.