The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Applying to be a high school math teacher

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
As many times as I've said I wouldn't, I'm going to apply to be a high school math teacher. I don't know how long I'll be in this slowlane for, but it's better than working valet midnight shifts.

32 hours in valet per week yields me about $500 including tips every two weeks. Then we get a $150 bonus for overnight fees every month for a total of $1050. Being a high school teacher at $25/hour will yield me that same amount in 42 hours of working: a quarter of the time, and I don't have to work hellish midnight shifts.

I guess I'm making this thread to say that the numbers simply don't lie, and I'm bilingual so that should help. I can be the chess coach. Most importantly, I'm really confident I can help the kids (I am and have been a private tutor). The world needs slowlaners, right? So here's to getting better every day. Maybe I'll find a need while I'm teaching. After all, I just have to not have any expectations for the effort I put forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
The lane your in begins with your thought process. If you use your job as a means to another opportunity there is nothing wrong with that.

Plenty of us on here have jobs we work and businesses we build when we're not there.

TaxMan79

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Jan 25, 2016
I guess there are worse gigs. I mean you get the summers off right? Plenty of time to do some hustles then. Plus I'm sure it is rewarding. I volunteer for cub scouts and I get a lot out of showing the boys things their single moms have no clue about(just telling it like it is.)

My mom and sister work in education and they said teachers were leaving in droves when No Child Left Behind was initiated. They said there is a lot of "teach for the test" now. I would be careful too about what type of school you teach in. Teaching math in an inner city school is a world away from teaching in a middle to upper middle class area.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.