I have an idea for a consumer electronics appliance. It's not a new product but a combination of a 2. The process seems to be
1. Draw up idea and features
2. Get someone to draw the plans or 3D Drawings
3. Get someone to create a working protoyype
I went to manufacturers on Alibaba to see if they would modify their product to fit my needs. No one was willing to do this. So, I went to Odesk and Elance with my sketch to see if someone could do the drawings and get me a working prototype from that sketch, that has been unsuccessful too. Either they only do the drawings and not prototype, or their English/portfolio isn't up to par.
I think I am going to have to hire 2 people, one for the plans/drawings, the other for the prototype. I wanted to have one person to do these so there wouldn't be a bunch of back and forth on revisions and etc.
Any one have any experience with this?
1. Draw up idea and features
2. Get someone to draw the plans or 3D Drawings
3. Get someone to create a working protoyype
I went to manufacturers on Alibaba to see if they would modify their product to fit my needs. No one was willing to do this. So, I went to Odesk and Elance with my sketch to see if someone could do the drawings and get me a working prototype from that sketch, that has been unsuccessful too. Either they only do the drawings and not prototype, or their English/portfolio isn't up to par.
I think I am going to have to hire 2 people, one for the plans/drawings, the other for the prototype. I wanted to have one person to do these so there wouldn't be a bunch of back and forth on revisions and etc.
Any one have any experience with this?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
