The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Developing an Air Purifier. Would you help me?

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Hi Fastlaners,

As the title states, I'm developing an air purifier--As my mission is to improve the quality of people's life's by improving their indoor air quality. In addition to this mission, is my longer-term goal. Which is to help with the environmental issue of outside air pollution.

Currently I'm at the market research phase, I have a survey created with 9 questions which ask for a person's wants/values in an air purifier. Things such as material, cost, and features. With already 16 responses, I've pivoted from using a 3D printer (which would've cut the cost of the unit). As it turns out, the numbers say that people would rather have the unit cost more, but be made out of better materials. This I would've never known without their responses, thanks to the survey.

I didn't know which category to post this in, but I saw the [Product Creation] and thought this was the right area to post it in. I wanted to make this post to see if anyone who is interested in air purifiers, are already owner's, or looking to buy one, would fill out my survey. It'd really help me a lot in steering the direction of product design.

Unfortunately, I don't have the super power to know people's likes / dislikes or what they find valuable. (Although that would be really neat to have). I don't want to produce and give people another mediocre air purifier, I'd like to give something that is of value and that's the point of the survey. To find out what is most valuable to you in an air purifier. Is it features, aesthetics, cost, etc?

Would you help me out by filling out this 9 question survey now? You don't want a useless air purifier, and I don't want to be the one providing you with the useless air purifier.

The link to the survery is: Air Purifier

By the way, if you didn't know. People may become sick more often due to poor indoor air quality. And an air purifier's job is to assist in cleaning the air. Often times you'll see people who have allergies, own pets, or smoke... use air purifiers. So if you're sick often times throughout the year, you may want to check your own home's air quality! That may be the thing that is making you sick more often!

I appreciate you for reading this and taking the time to fill out the survey. Whether or not the air purifier becomes a reality, I'm glad to be taking actions which may benefit people in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
402%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I have a suggestion about a feature that might make your device more attractive to buyers.

Although unflued gas heaters are illegal in many jurisdictions, there are still many in use, and they emit carbon monoxide causing death in some cases.

Even some vented gas heaters can emit carbon monoxide.

There are low cost carbon monoxide detectors, and if you could incorporate one in your purifier that might be a bonus. Alternatively, you could provide one as an incentive bonus when you bring your product to market. The alarm warns residents to ventilate the home.

Walter

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Hi Fastlaners,

As the title states, I'm developing an air purifier--As my mission is to improve the quality of people's life's by improving their indoor air quality. In addition to this mission, is my longer-term goal. Which is to help with the environmental issue of outside air pollution.

Currently I'm at the market research phase, I have a survey created with 9 questions which ask for a person's wants/values in an air purifier. Things such as material, cost, and features. With already 16 responses, I've pivoted from using a 3D printer (which would've cut the cost of the unit). As it turns out, the numbers say that people would rather have the unit cost more, but be made out of better materials. This I would've never known without their responses, thanks to the survey.

I didn't know which category to post this in, but I saw the [Product Creation] and thought this was the right area to post it in. I wanted to make this post to see if anyone who is interested in air purifiers, are already owner's, or looking to buy one, would fill out my survey. It'd really help me a lot in steering the direction of product design.

Unfortunately, I don't have the super power to know people's likes / dislikes or what they find valuable. (Although that would be really neat to have). I don't want to produce and give people another mediocre air purifier, I'd like to give something that is of value and that's the point of the survey. To find out what is most valuable to you in an air purifier. Is it features, aesthetics, cost, etc?

Would you help me out by filling out this 9 question survey now? You don't want a useless air purifier, and I don't want to be the one providing you with the useless air purifier.

The link to the survery is: Air Purifier

By the way, if you didn't know. People may become sick more often due to poor indoor air quality. And an air purifier's job is to assist in cleaning the air. Often times you'll see people who have allergies, own pets, or smoke... use air purifiers. So if you're sick often times throughout the year, you may want to check your own home's air quality! That may be the thing that is making you sick more often!

I appreciate you for reading this and taking the time to fill out the survey. Whether or not the air purifier becomes a reality, I'm glad to be taking actions which may benefit people in the future.
What makes your air purifier different from others?

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.