The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Developing a Successful Social Media Account

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Camo & Gold

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 28, 2014
Dirty South
Well I'm in day 4 of my social media account that I am using to promote my products. I currently have 150 followers and I'm following 700 various people (Large companies & individuals). I've been interacting and posting with great results but I would like to get some feedback on how I am doing.

About my niche: The "successful" guys usually have 3k-15k followers. (it's a smaller niche that's tight nit) with the bigger businesses usually around 25-100k followers.

I'd like to set up some realistic goals of 500 followers by Jan 1st and probably 1k by February. Does this sound possible?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kenlee_au

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 2, 2014
QLD Australia
Don't focus on the amount of likes or followers you have. That is just cosmetic.

I have 800 twitter followers, on an average post during the evening (best time to get views) I get 130 views. I have 272 FB likes, on an average post I will get 30 views.

Focus on great content, really really important. If you want people to retweet your stuff then make it retweetable. Ride on the back of hashtags with relevant content. This applies to Facebook as well as Twitter!!

I run a pop culture and collectable business, I really focus on providing great news/informational content, I look at this stuff as entertainment. People want to be entertained! People really do not care about you/business on Social Media, it is about what you can provide them!

If I post a great insight into The Walking Dead using a hashtag at 9 o'clock Monday night (we are a day ahead of the USA) then I can get up to 6000 views and many interactions. The same sort of thing happens on Facebook. I also boost (tightly targeted) posts occasionally on Facebook, this brings loads of visits to my website, interaction and likes!!

If someone interacts with you, interact back, always! People care that you want to communicate with them, this is what Social Media is really about, sharing and caring. People hate being sold too constantly, think of social media as entertainment... Hmmm, mentioned that point already :)

If you are going to post links to products or services do so but rarely. People will really switch off if you bombard them with force fed stuff about you or your business. Provide them with stuff that they want.

Facebook is hard to get organic likes, so think of that as a slow burner. Twitter is easier... Follow people who follow your competition and interests, a % will follow back. I often ditch a lot that do not follow back after a week or so as I like to keep my follower/following rate even.

So, to keep it brief.
  • Focus on providing great content - this can be hard!
  • Focus on getting as many views on your posts/tweets as you can, twitter analytics or FB insights does give you this info keep on posting stuff that is successful, dump the other stuff, it is crap!
  • Interact with people, talk about random stuff, do not be wooden, be personable.
  • Provide value, it is about them, not you!
  • Work hard at it, but also take breaks, you do not want this stuff to own you! There will always be someone to interact with or something to post.
  • Be careful when you are drinking, I sometimes drink red wine and tweet.. Then the next morning cringe but it has not harmed my account :)
Regards,

Ken.

Camo & Gold

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 28, 2014
Dirty South
Great post Ken, I really appreciate it!
The reason I set goals for my followers was simply to see if my social media advertising was working. Well, not necessarily advertising but interacting within my niche and establishing relationships. As far as marketing, I have only marketed my product a handful of times while I try posting more pictures with relevant articles. I was actually able to get retweeted by several larger, heavily followed organizations by doing this. I'll attempt to keep my tweets during peak usage hours, I never really put too much thought into that! I'm definitely going to check out the Twitter Analytics, I never knew about this until now.
Again, thank you for the insightful post and best of luck to your business!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.