The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Design/Technical Focused People

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Found that in dealing with non-business oriented, albeit design/technically talented people - they have little concept of sense of urgency.

They also are awful at setting expectations are often "slightly" late in their mind, and think nothing of it.

Also, if they are not the owner of the practice (design firm/etc.) their concept of business communication and customer service is LACKING.

Anyone else agree?

/rant

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
I can relate. I went to business school and have tried my hand at being an entrepreneur since my early teens (also picked up software development as a hobby at that time). I've worked sales jobs and have been a professional programmer for a few years now. It has been an adjustment in terms of communication with my colleagues for sure. As an employee it has worked to my advantage because it has led to quite a few raises/promotions in a short time (due to being business minded/results oriented) but not without absorbing some frustration in the process.

Last edited:

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
I agree that this can be the case for those with a technical focus. This is where good management comes in and can be viewed as an opportunity. Their focus on the technical elements should push the product to be better but they will inevitably need help in releasing their design efforts.

jesset17

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 23, 2016
Boise, ID
I experience this everyday of my life, I am not sure where it stems from though. I am technology oriented as I am an engineer for one of the largest semiconductor companies and I work with dozens of PhDs in my group alone. Every meeting starts 5-10 minutes late, pushed project timelines are the norm, communication response time is not critical, I could go on. I definitely feel like an outsider because I have completely different ideals for punctuality, meeting due dates, and keeping the expectation that I will respond as soon as possible. Probably why I am taking action toward fastlane businesses and having goals to leave this type of environment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.