Arabia Essence
New Contributor
- Joined
- Dec 22, 2014
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$50
$50
User Power: 20%
Good Evening All!
Currently I am deployed and have been working (outside of my normal military duties) on solidifying an amazing business that I know will make some great supplemental income until my military obligation is fulfilled.
While I am away from the States, I am hoping to get some advice from you on the first keys to success when starting a business.
Website: My idea is simple but I unsure if I should focus on the app or website first since I will be providing a service? How do I go about finding a web developer for low costs (under $2k) that will be able to teach me the ins and outs, but not rip me off (I want to know what is going on with the app, so that in the instance I can't get in contact with the app designer, I can go in and tinker)? Do you recommend any books/websites for me to read up on prior to diving into the "app/website" development world? I do not have much of a technical base to work off of but when you are ambitious like me, but there is no obstacle that will impede me from seeing my plan into fruition.
Startup Funds: If I do publish the idea on kickstarter or some other crowd funding website and my idea has not been patented, is there any protection on my business plan? Should I do a poor man's patent on the idea? How much protection does a poor man's patent have on business ideas that are stolen?
Partnerships: Should I look for a partner? How important is my business hierarchy when just starting out? Who are the integral members on a start-up TEAM? I will license the business once I return as an LLC and hire P/T employees as independent contractors, but when I do hire P/T do I still have to pay taxes on these individuals?
My idea is similar to UBERs concept, but has nothing to do with a taxi service. Is it possible to reskin UBERs app and personalize it to my business? ..
Desperately in need of a mentor.
-Newbie to the game.
Currently I am deployed and have been working (outside of my normal military duties) on solidifying an amazing business that I know will make some great supplemental income until my military obligation is fulfilled.
While I am away from the States, I am hoping to get some advice from you on the first keys to success when starting a business.
Website: My idea is simple but I unsure if I should focus on the app or website first since I will be providing a service? How do I go about finding a web developer for low costs (under $2k) that will be able to teach me the ins and outs, but not rip me off (I want to know what is going on with the app, so that in the instance I can't get in contact with the app designer, I can go in and tinker)? Do you recommend any books/websites for me to read up on prior to diving into the "app/website" development world? I do not have much of a technical base to work off of but when you are ambitious like me, but there is no obstacle that will impede me from seeing my plan into fruition.
Startup Funds: If I do publish the idea on kickstarter or some other crowd funding website and my idea has not been patented, is there any protection on my business plan? Should I do a poor man's patent on the idea? How much protection does a poor man's patent have on business ideas that are stolen?
Partnerships: Should I look for a partner? How important is my business hierarchy when just starting out? Who are the integral members on a start-up TEAM? I will license the business once I return as an LLC and hire P/T employees as independent contractors, but when I do hire P/T do I still have to pay taxes on these individuals?
My idea is similar to UBERs concept, but has nothing to do with a taxi service. Is it possible to reskin UBERs app and personalize it to my business? ..
Desperately in need of a mentor.
-Newbie to the game.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
