The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION I accidentally stumbled upon a great business idea

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
Nov 27, 2017
Adelaide, South Australia
Ho-ly shiiiiiiiiiiit,
I've just stumbled upon an amazing idea! I thought that nobody else had done it because I'd never heard of it, and my research has shown that most of the target market hasn't either.
As it turns out, there are a few companies doing it, but it seems they're not doing a very good job at marketing it.
Since I'm just about to sell my current business, the timing is perfect.
This is progress post number one: The idea.
I'm looking forward to being able to share the journey with you all and getting your feedback along the way.

Leigh

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

SunnyN

New Contributor
Oct 2, 2014
Ho-ly shiiiiiiiiiiit,
I've just stumbled upon an amazing idea! I thought that nobody else had done it because I'd never heard of it, and my research has shown that most of the target market hasn't either.
As it turns out, there are a few companies doing it, but it seems they're not doing a very good job at marketing it.
Since I'm just about to sell my current business, the timing is perfect.
This is progress post number one: The idea.
I'm looking forward to being able to share the journey with you all and getting your feedback along the way.

Leigh
Wish you and all of us here, Good Luck. :)

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
Nov 27, 2017
Hey fastlaners,
Where's the best place for me to learn to code a website? I used to be able to make basic websites using html code, but that was nearly 20 years ago, and a hell of a lot has changed since those days.
The website will need to be able to interact with a database containing both text and photos (both input and output), have individual user logins (i assume this is also done through interaction with a database), process payments online and cross reference that with user subscriptions.
Looking forward to your recommendations.
Kind regards,
Leigh

fvcorp

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Nov 28, 2017
Canada
Hey fastlaners,
Where's the best place for me to learn to code a website? I used to be able to make basic websites using html code, but that was nearly 20 years ago, and a hell of a lot has changed since those days.
The website will need to be able to interact with a database containing both text and photos (both input and output), have individual user logins (i assume this is also done through interaction with a database), process payments online and cross reference that with user subscriptions.
Looking forward to your recommendations.
Kind regards,
Leigh

The simplest way to do this would be with Wordpress available at Wordpress.org

Steps:
1. Get some server space (free for a year on AWS or Google Cloud).
2. Install Wordpress on your server.
3. Install Plugins for payment processing/user management that have been pre-made for Wordpress distributions.
4. Connect your domain to your server (doable within the AWS or Google Cloud console).

Feel free to message me if I can help with specifics.

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
Nov 27, 2017
The simplest way to do this would be with Wordpress available at Wordpress.org

Steps:
1. Get some server space (free for a year on AWS or Google Cloud).
2. Install Wordpress on your server.
3. Install Plugins for payment processing/user management that have been pre-made for Wordpress distributions.
4. Connect your domain to your server (doable within the AWS or Google Cloud console).

Feel free to message me if I can help with specifics.
Thanks fvcorp, i didn't know WordPress had functionality like that. I'll check it out.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
The first thing we'll be discussing inside the Masterclass tomorrow is... The First Base! That...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
@Fox It's same with me Did both quiz and application but as yet no automatic confirmation, just...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom