The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION I accidentally stumbled upon a great business idea

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
Nov 27, 2017
Adelaide, South Australia
Ho-ly shiiiiiiiiiiit,
I've just stumbled upon an amazing idea! I thought that nobody else had done it because I'd never heard of it, and my research has shown that most of the target market hasn't either.
As it turns out, there are a few companies doing it, but it seems they're not doing a very good job at marketing it.
Since I'm just about to sell my current business, the timing is perfect.
This is progress post number one: The idea.
I'm looking forward to being able to share the journey with you all and getting your feedback along the way.

Leigh

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

SunnyN

New Contributor
Oct 2, 2014
Ho-ly shiiiiiiiiiiit,
I've just stumbled upon an amazing idea! I thought that nobody else had done it because I'd never heard of it, and my research has shown that most of the target market hasn't either.
As it turns out, there are a few companies doing it, but it seems they're not doing a very good job at marketing it.
Since I'm just about to sell my current business, the timing is perfect.
This is progress post number one: The idea.
I'm looking forward to being able to share the journey with you all and getting your feedback along the way.

Leigh
Wish you and all of us here, Good Luck. :)

OP
OP
L

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
Nov 27, 2017
Hey fastlaners,
Where's the best place for me to learn to code a website? I used to be able to make basic websites using html code, but that was nearly 20 years ago, and a hell of a lot has changed since those days.
The website will need to be able to interact with a database containing both text and photos (both input and output), have individual user logins (i assume this is also done through interaction with a database), process payments online and cross reference that with user subscriptions.
Looking forward to your recommendations.
Kind regards,
Leigh

fvcorp

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Nov 28, 2017
Canada
Hey fastlaners,
Where's the best place for me to learn to code a website? I used to be able to make basic websites using html code, but that was nearly 20 years ago, and a hell of a lot has changed since those days.
The website will need to be able to interact with a database containing both text and photos (both input and output), have individual user logins (i assume this is also done through interaction with a database), process payments online and cross reference that with user subscriptions.
Looking forward to your recommendations.
Kind regards,
Leigh
The simplest way to do this would be with Wordpress available at Wordpress.org

Steps:
1. Get some server space (free for a year on AWS or Google Cloud).
2. Install Wordpress on your server.
3. Install Plugins for payment processing/user management that have been pre-made for Wordpress distributions.
4. Connect your domain to your server (doable within the AWS or Google Cloud console).

Feel free to message me if I can help with specifics.

OP
OP
L

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
Nov 27, 2017
The simplest way to do this would be with Wordpress available at Wordpress.org

Steps:
1. Get some server space (free for a year on AWS or Google Cloud).
2. Install Wordpress on your server.
3. Install Plugins for payment processing/user management that have been pre-made for Wordpress distributions.
4. Connect your domain to your server (doable within the AWS or Google Cloud console).

Feel free to message me if I can help with specifics.
Thanks fvcorp, i didn't know WordPress had functionality like that. I'll check it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom