Hi, I'm currently searching on Alibaba for product ideas after reading some Amazon/importing threads on this forum. But I'm wondering how to make sure that the product I'm about to import doesn't infringe any trademark or patent?
For example, I see many mp3 players for sale and there's definitely intellectual property associated with the design of the products. Can I still simply put my branding on the product and claim that it's my own?
Another example, what about generic iPhone cables? Wouldn't I get in trouble if I simply put my branding on them?
Those are 2 obvious examples but there's IP associated with most products and don't know how I should deal with that.
Thanks!
For example, I see many mp3 players for sale and there's definitely intellectual property associated with the design of the products. Can I still simply put my branding on the product and claim that it's my own?
Another example, what about generic iPhone cables? Wouldn't I get in trouble if I simply put my branding on them?
Those are 2 obvious examples but there's IP associated with most products and don't know how I should deal with that.
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
