What's new

Data collection

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Mr4213

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
358
Rep Bank
$1,330
User Power: 153%
I'm curious to see how you guys view data collection software and data collection as a whole.

I realize these systems have value and I also understand why people, or entities, may use them.

But I also see the SIGNIFICANT downside to these things and just don't see why people would not see it as something of concern.

The scope of data collection and the software being used and developed is... I think outside of most peoples understanding or awareness. Also secret.

I've seen people of the opinion "Well no one makes you use the internet or Facebook"

Sure fine, I can understand that way of thinking to a certain degree.

But I'm of the belief (and there is plenty evidence in support of) that we are farrrrr beyond that.

Data collection software is being deployed everywhere. It doesnt matter if you use the internet or not.

Ever been to the DMV for example? They sell data all the time for profit. This is just a quick simple example.

The advanced software that is being developed and deployed immediately screams of 1984 to me, and I would assume to others who know of them.

Inevitably, even with the value that data collection can provide, I think it's more a matter of when and not if it's going to be abused (and already is)

Just interested in how you guys view this kinda stuff.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom