The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

MEETUPS Dallas....are you in here?!

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
From Staten Island (NY). Moved to Dallas 5 years ago and I'm in North Dallas. Plano is dope. So is Frisco, but I find Plano somewhat closer to the "Dallas" metro... depends on whether you'll be working, where, etc. for suggestions.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 24, 2017
Nashville
I'm coming to Legacy West in the middle of October for a business trip if you want to meet up.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I might, depending how busy I am at the time. I'm not sure where Legacy West is but Siri leads me everywhere I need to go :)

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 24, 2017
Nashville
I am moving from New Jersey.

I visited Dallas 3 weeks ago and found that Plano and Frisco seemed more suburban, roads/shopping centers seems new and well developed. Also I plan on renting for the first year, and they have some new apartments (that are pretty cheap) by Legacy West. I'm open to other new apartment complex though.
I might, depending how busy I am at the time. I'm not sure where Legacy West is but Siri leads me everywhere I need to go :)
It's located right at the border of Plano and Frisco in North Dallas. Lots of nice restaurants, shopping, and Class A office space. I only mentioned that because @exclusives88 said he was moving to that area.

I don't have any Fastlaners in Nashville (except my wife). So, every time I go out of town I would like to try to meet up with at least one Fastlaner.

Last edited:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Spending a few days in Nashville is actually on our bucket list. The bad thing is, it's probably 2-3 years down the bucket list. Austin & Miami take up our trips for the rest of this year. Not bucket list places but it's all the time we have for trips. Lots of things in Nashville we want to see and do.

Yeah, I'm in Plano/Frisco all the time but I don't really know where certain places are.

Ok, so I checked it out and they have a Sprinkles.... count me in. Any time there is chocolate involved I'm there. Oh wait, you said the middle of October, I might be in Austin. My wife works at a museum and they finish putting up a show the first part of October and we are heading to Austin after that but not exactly sure of the days. Well, we will see I guess.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 24, 2017
Nashville
Spending a few days in Nashville is actually on our bucket list. The bad thing is, it's probably 2-3 years down the bucket list. Austin & Miami take up our trips for the rest of this year. Not bucket list places but it's all the time we have for trips. Lots of things in Nashville we want to see and do.

Yeah, I'm in Plano/Frisco all the time but I don't really know where certain places are.

Ok, so I checked it out and they have a Sprinkles.... count me in. Any time there is chocolate involved I'm there. Oh wait, you said the middle of October, I might be in Austin. My wife works at a museum and they finish putting up a show the first part of October and we are heading to Austin after that but not exactly sure of the days. Well, we will see I guess.
I am arriving Sunday, October 14th and leaving Wednesday, October 17th. I would really love to meet up with someone Sunday night for dinner or drinks. I might be able to do Monday or Tuesday night, too. I'm not sure yet. I think we are staying at the Marriott again so I should have shuttle access to anything in Legacy West.

Come on over the Nashvegas. I can tell you the cool places to go. American has a direct flight between DFW and Nash.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Half of our travel enjoyment is driving places. If it's within 12 hours, we will easily drive. I actually wanted to fly to Miami this year (24 hour drive) but she wants to drive and stop at some places she has been wanting to see. Speaking of.... we are going to take a weekend to buy a new van before we go to Austin so hopefully that is the weekend we will go buy a new van. That way a Sunday night will be easy for me to make.

We like all the old stuff. We want to make it down to Brentwood, antique stores.... old people stuff. lol

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 24, 2017
Nashville
We like all the old stuff. We want to make it down to Brentwood, antique stores.... old people stuff. lol
There's not much in Brentwood. Where you really want to go is Downtown Franklin. That's where we live. We have all the antique stores, civil war battle sites, local shops and restaurants, celebrities, etc., etc. Then maybe pop over to Leipers Fork. VisitFranklin

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Yes, that's what I meant, Franklin. Good ol' Dave is over in Brentwood, I guess that's why I thought of that town. lol Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 24, 2017
Nashville
Coming to North Dallas this weekend. Would like to meet-up with people from the forum.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
I'm free this weekend. Anyone else?

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
It depends on the rain. If the races don't rain out my buddy is coming here to pick up his washer and dryer before heading to the track. If the races rain out, I'm heading to Abilene to take them to him. I should know on Friday afternoon.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 24, 2017
Nashville
I’m coming into today to Plano/Frisco in Legacy West. I can meet up tonight, Monday night, or Tuesday night. I don’t have a car so it would have to be close by. Let me know if anyone wants to meet and talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirwolf

New Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
I’m coming into today to Plano/Frisco in Legacy West. I can meet up tonight, Monday night, or Tuesday night. I don’t have a car so it would have to be close by. Let me know if anyone wants to meet and talk.

I’m in the DFW area if you wanted to meet up. Looking to meet like minded people I moved out here about 2 years ago

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I might tomorrow depending on the rain. I live an hour from there in good weather. lol Surprisingly people are picking up washers and dryers and I have some deliveries today. I figured with all the rain I'd get to sleep all day. Hopefully the rain doesn't mess up your trip too much. We've had nothing but rain for about a month now.

Runum

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 8, 2007
DFW
Hey all. It's been a while. What is everyone's thoughts about a DFW meetup in May or early June? Dates/suggested locations? Let's make this happen.

Runum

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 8, 2007
DFW
Lets try this because there will never be agreement.

Saturday, May 18 @ 4:00 pm
Woody's Tavern
4744 Bryant Irvin Rd # 946, Fort Worth, TX 76132

I will be there enjoying the ambiance in my Hawaiian shirt.
RSVP if you would like to join me so I can make sure we have enough room.

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 2, 2019
I go to Dallas regularly. Wish I was there for this meetup! Maybe next time!

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
My mother in law lives over that way. We stop by that place that has all those old cars sometimes kind of across the street from there.... or atleast on the other side of the road.

Yep, old age. I forget everything nowadays..... really, everything.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
Fort worth reporting in; glad to see it's off bryant irving and not in uptown dallas

ecommercewolf

Contributor
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Lets try this because there will never be agreement.

Saturday, May 18 @ 4:00 pm
Woody's Tavern
4744 Bryant Irvin Rd # 946, Fort Worth, TX 76132

I will be there enjoying the ambiance in my Hawaiian shirt.
RSVP if you would like to join me so I can make sure we have enough room.
Down! Looking to meet more like-minded Fastlane members in the DFW area.

Primeperiwinkle

though she be but little...
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 30, 2018
DFW
Oh my. Bestill my tired little heart. There are pool tables and alcohol.

I’m in.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Let's just do it in Albuquerque, then. I'll already be half-way there...

Hate to be a Debbie Downer. But could we possibly do it somewhere more centrally located? (That's 1 1/2 hour for me with no traffic!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom