The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Customer Scheduling Struggles for Field Service

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
I run a mobile auto glass business that has 3 trucks running on each day doing installs all across the Kansas City metro. KC is the third largest metro by size in the US and we cover an area is about 60 Miles North to South and another 60 East to West.

We are struggling to meet the customer's expectations on times. We give customers a 10-12, 12-2, 2-4, or 4-6 timeframe. The problem is, we don't know when we schedule the jobs where the other jobs will be. It is becoming very difficult to get them done on time. Sometimes a job is difficult in reinforcements have to be called so someone has to go help another. Sometimes our morning class delivery can be later than we expect. This week was a mess with lots of customers not getting their glass installed during the expected timeframe. About half of the phone calls we have during the day are from customers wondering when we will get there. It is nearly impossible to predict as some windshields take 15 minutes, others can take an hour.

We are working on getting routing and scheduling software which will help. Does anyone else have a field service business? How do you deal with this? Any recommendations on software

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
My recommendation would be to restructure the timeframes you give your customers. Keep track of how long every job takes over a few week period, add them up and get the average length a job takes (including travel time), and use that to figure out a new timeframe to give your customers while also giving yourself a bit of leeway for those extra long jobs.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom