The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Customer Delight

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
This morning I went to a "Four Points By Sheraton" because I had time to kill between dropping my daughter off at school, and attending a non-profit board meeting next door to the hotel. I got the breakfast buffet and coffee.

The buffet was $14 which is probably high, but what else do you do? It came with any omlette I can imagine, so I got one with provolone, cheddar, peppers and onions. The onions were in case there were any disagreements in the board meeting... quell those with onion breath and everyone is out of there quicker.

Ok, well here is the point. I met every single person who works in that restaurant. I guess it was a slow morning. I don't know if my own family is as delighted to see me (ok, they are, but these were near strangers). They thanked me for coming. Someone opened the kitchen door and there were people waving at me in there, and smiling. Is this Oz? Where am I?

I couldn't help but love these people. In the lobby, the greeter and the janitor both said "hi" to me! It was the best experience walking into a public building that I think I've ever had. I don't know if they're like this every day. I hope they are.

Two things came out of this. One, I left a tip that was more than the cost of my breakfast. And I'm glad I did. I was happier all day because of these people. They went out of their way in every possible way.

Two, I immediately started planning, in my head, what kinds of classes, seminars, and marketing events I could have at this hotel. I know one thing, and that's if the hotel treats my guests the way they treated me, anything I plan there will go well.

And that's the power of treating customers exceptionally well, I guess. Looking at me, there should be no way to tell I might hold an event at your hotel. I assume I don't look like I secretly own the place or something (like a Sam Walton trick... go visit your stores and see if they're nice to you lol). There's no reason for these people to be this nice, except that the place is exceptionally well run for a standard non-luxury hotel, and that the staff is full of delightful people. But I really think it's worth creating that feeling for your customers. Who knows where it will get you? What's the most value a perfect interaction can generate for a business? And what does it cost to delight someone?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
At my previous company there was an initiative to create "emotional connections" and "surprise and delight" the customers. Basically enagage with them and go so far above and beyond to where people would take mention and go home and post on social media and tell others like you just did ;)

When people have choices and prices are similar then the way people feel when they go there will be the deciding factor.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.