The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Curious fast laner student

goocy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 29, 2008
Hey, I'm Dominic Portain (aka goocy), 22, student, german - and since two years on the fast lane.
I broke off my prior technical study as I caught myself reading books about human memory and set myself a big goal - to design a working brain-computer-interface.
Then I oriented myself towards neuroscience and prepared everything for studying psychology abroad. That included working hard from summer 'til spring to pay the admission fee and the first two months of rent - and learning dutch in the remaining free-time. I succeeded in the language admission test and started studying - a study I was very content with, because emphasis lay on cognitive science and left me with a great amount of flexibility.
I quickly got used to english technical literature and enjoyed myself reading tons of books, while most of my friends were out on parties. Then the examinations were on schedule, and they felt so unbelievably easy.
I was afraid to get bored over time, and decided to shorten up my bachelor study to two years. Using every available advice for motivation and time management, I managed to follow a 200% schedule for this year and still get acceptable grades. Steve Pavilini should be named here first - he gave me the initial idea of tightening the schedule.
Summer 2011, I'll graduate with a master in neuroscience and leave university - a PhD is simply too much waste of time and energy.

Further, I'm an advanced and passionate stereo photographer, somewhat interested in stock trading and serious about the buddhist way of life. At this moment, I also find time to lead a stimulating and rewarding relationship with the girl I love.
The relationship with my parents is great on both sides.

To be able to fulfill my goal, I concluded I either need a really good job in neuroscience or about three million euro to start my own research. That's why I'm here.

Hoping to learn a lot,
I welcome you guys.
Dominic

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Dude you are one busy person! Welcome to the fastlane. ++++speed for your intro.:fastlane:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Very interesting intro! Good luck with your pursuit of the brain-computer-interface! Welcome aboard!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Dominic. Thanks for the intro and welcome to the board.

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
Welcome to the boards...

Bring a Mercedes with you...SLR I hope, and of course some Warsteiner Royal Bavarian Hefeweizen. :rofl:

beer.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...