The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Crocs in the fastlane.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
This is great for them.

Now to the personal rant:

I do not understand what people see in Crocs. Yeah I've thought about buying them when I am out partying with friends on the river, but beyond that, what's the appeal? I've tried them and thought they were uncomfortable. Why do people buy them to wear to their jobs/classes is beyond me. I've seen them on sale in Sweden a few weeks back so I guess they are worldwide now. Good for them, if there is supply let it rip.

Analyzer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Aug 31, 2007
Portugal, Europe
Damn, that story is amazing, those shoes really are ugly.

Other than their new distribution system the whole success seems to due to word-of-mouth recommendations from clients. Amazing.

Also do you think this company would be a good investment at this point? I didn't check their financials but with such a story and a $1 B market cap I'm guessing they are not cheap (relatively to cash flow) and I have some doubts if they can sustain growth.

I'm guessing they'll be a one hit wonder with new products never reaching the same level of success and competition increasing. On the other hand they might just build a powerfull brand around the crocs trademark and keep sales growing and a premium to the market. What do you guys think about this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I would avoid investing in Crocs as them seem to be more of a fad then a trend. Take that for the .02 it's worth! I think people like them because they are quirky- and they are somewhat comfortable.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I'm 25 miles north of Boulder, Co. When the couple's company sold it was big news here. I agree the shoes are ugly and faddish (we'll look back and laugh the same way we laugh at parachute pants), but I give credit to the couple who piggybacked off the shoes and Croc's for realizing their potential and working with them, not against them. Really is a great story. I hope they realize it is a fad and have some way to stay afloat when the fad dies.

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
I never even heard of these until now, when I saw the title to this thread, I thought it was going to be about being on the "river" of the fast-lane and the crocodiles in said river that you have to avoid :)

Props to the company though, if these guys are good entrepreneurs, they are multimillionaires I'm sure now, if the Crocs brand doesn't hold up, they can always start up another company and invest, etc...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
Crocs are all ready knocked off and being made under multiple names in
China. They are being marketed though dollar general & other mark down stores everywhere. Once this happens the fad will not last much longer. People like fad things that they think are new, cool, or unique. If trailer park Joe can buy them for 5.95 at dollar general they will not be cool or unique for long. It is interesting that they hit the way they did. Personally I think if you know a bunch of 14 year olds that are in the "A" group in their JR. High you could probably find all the new fad items coming down the pike. Show them strange clothing items or games and ask which one they like and you will find the next up & coming item.

xboxundone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 4, 2007
This is great for them.

Now to the personal rant:

I do not understand what people see in Crocs. Yeah I've thought about buying them when I am out partying with friends on the river, but beyond that, what's the appeal? I've tried them and thought they were uncomfortable. Why do people buy them to wear to their jobs/classes is beyond me. I've seen them on sale in Sweden a few weeks back so I guess they are worldwide now. Good for them, if there is supply let it rip.

You should read the Tipping point... a great book about why and how things catch on so big almost like an epidemic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.