The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

creating my first website

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Marley T

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 5, 2018
England
hello everyone,
(think this is the right forum for the job)

I have had this idea for a niche review website for awhile, Im finally starting to get stuck in and make it happen. The first thing on my checklist is making the website, thinking this was something I would be able to do myself using word press I went to start creating. However the problem I have ran into is it seems there are no particular themes or plugins for the kind of website I want to create.

Most of the review type websites and plugins are for affiliate sites/blogs which are for writing your own personal reviews on a type of product and gaining commission through product links. Im looking for something more like this website called Whichpad where anyone with access to internet can leave a review on a lettings agency of their choice. obviously my website would be a whole different industry/product but the website would be a very similar layout and process to the one I have linked (at least while Im still gaining traffic) i.e. choose what your reviewing, leave your details write your review and leave a star rating from 1 - 5 .

My question is does anyone here have experience making a website like this, is it something I can make myself using a platform like wix or word press. or if your a web designer yourself would you be kind enough to give me a rough estimate on what kind of budget I would need to outsource and create the website, i contacted the designers of whichpad and they gave me a rough quote but would be interesting to see what others think.

any feedback is much appreciated, Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastLaneSage

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 23, 2019
Hey.....Here is what I would do ( I make sites for a living) not trying to sell you on anything though.

1. Draw our your site (page by page) BY DETAIL..
2. See if any sites like wix or squarespace can accomodate
3. Talk to 5 WP developers and get intel on what they can quote you for price...
4. That site WhichPad | Student Reviews on UK Letting Agencies | Reviews on student letting agents. is using WP and what you want CAN be coded easily.

site like that no more than a few k.
''
Hope that helps mate!

Sage

Marley T

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 5, 2018
England
Hey.....Here is what I would do ( I make sites for a living) not trying to sell you on anything though.

1. Draw our your site (page by page) BY DETAIL..
2. See if any sites like wix or squarespace can accomodate
3. Talk to 5 WP developers and get intel on what they can quote you for price...
4. That site WhichPad | Student Reviews on UK Letting Agencies | Reviews on student letting agents. is using WP and what you want CAN be coded easily.

site like that no more than a few k.
''
Hope that helps mate!

Sage

thanks man

will get started with a template

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders