I wanted to create a thread where Fastlaners could share their experiences (successes/failures) with creating a real estate syndicate. Since this topic is not written about extensively, I also think it would be wise if we could share the different sources of information we collect regarding this topic.
I am primarily interested in real estate syndicates because I have relatively low startup money but I still have the determination to get involved in larger scale multi-family investments. It seems the best alternative to a syndicate would be to begin with a smaller multi-family investment and then utilizing value-play strategies to "trade-up" to a larger investment. However, a syndicate would create more leverage and most likely accomplish more in a shorter period of time.
I'd like to kick this thread off by asking a few questions to those who have some experience.
1.) Since there are numerous laws limiting the advertisement of investment proposals, how did you find the partners that you ended up working with?
2.) How much experience did you have with REI when you created your syndicate?
3.) What were the basic terms of your agreement (management fees, etc.)?
I am primarily interested in real estate syndicates because I have relatively low startup money but I still have the determination to get involved in larger scale multi-family investments. It seems the best alternative to a syndicate would be to begin with a smaller multi-family investment and then utilizing value-play strategies to "trade-up" to a larger investment. However, a syndicate would create more leverage and most likely accomplish more in a shorter period of time.
I'd like to kick this thread off by asking a few questions to those who have some experience.
1.) Since there are numerous laws limiting the advertisement of investment proposals, how did you find the partners that you ended up working with?
2.) How much experience did you have with REI when you created your syndicate?
3.) What were the basic terms of your agreement (management fees, etc.)?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
