The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Create domain based email for free

MantisX

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 22, 2014
I think I could make my first meaningful contribution to the forum. I read in many of the threads here that domain based email ids increase the chances of suppliers from Alibaba taking you seriously and respond back to you. I personally have tried both personal emails and domain based emails and can attest that the domain based emails make you look more authentic. If I message them using my personal email ids, I either get no response or get a response asking for the following:
  • Company name,
  • Company address,
  • Company website
  • Company email
Understandably, they also want to know that they are dealing with a genuine business instead of some flaky guy. You can make up the company name and address, but the website and the email need some work. This article is about the domain based email. The easiest way to do this is as follows:
  1. Register a domain with a registrar like Go Daddy - Usually would cost you from 3.99 to huge amounts based on the domain name popularity.
  2. Use the registrars email service to get a domain based email. You would be paying anywhere from 6 to 15 dollars per month as this is usually a subscription service.
When you are starting out, you need to hustle and every penny saved is a penny earned. I personally do not like subscription services and figured out a way save the recurring subscription fee for the domain based email. But you still have to purchase the domain. There is no work around for this that I know of.

You can do this by using the free Zoho mail app to achieve this for free. You can set it up such that emails can directly be routed to your gmail inbox and you reply from your gmail with the sender set to the domain based email id! Doesn't that sound awesome?

There is a bunch of steps to configure the mail to work properly. If people are interested, I will post the steps here. There is a bunch of steps that need to be done and I don't want to spend the time writing it up if no one is interested :)

P.S
  1. If there is an easier way to do this, let me know and I will update/remove this thread as appropriate

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kamanuci

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 7, 2013
If you get your domain through GoDaddy you can set it up to forward emails which comes free with every domain you purchase. Here is a video that shows you how.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
I really like Gmail and wanted to use their interface for my business email.

Problem is, I didn't want to pay for Google Apps for Business as I'd rather keep my money in my pocket.

So I used this workaround to sign up for Google Apps for free, set up my custom email, then partied like it's 1999.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.