The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Create an Empire from Nothing

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Very cool list. I'm not sure the last 5 are visionaries though. (Except maybe Van Halen).

One trend you notice. College drop outs. Almost all of them.

Also, its very tough to narrow down visionaries to 25.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
These 25 visionaires made their wealth in different ways. As you know I like the Wealth Dynamics test (I am not trying to sell you on the test. Just want to show the difference between some of the 25 visionaires mentioned in the article). In that Wealth Dynamics test these people comes out as making wealth in many different ways.

For example:

-Henry Ford: A systematic guy. A Mechanic.
-John D Rockefeller: A detailed guy. A Lord.
-Andrew Carnegie: A detailed guy. A Lord.
-Thomas Edison: An introverted creative guy. A Creator.
-Warren Buffet: An accumulator. Accumulates assets and holds for a long time.
-Sam Walton: A systematic guy. A Mechanic.
-Oprah Winfrey: A natural promoter. A Star.
-Lewis Ranieri: No idea. Can't say (first time I hear about him. Inspiring as many others).
-Michael Milken: A numbers guy. A Trader (if I remember the outcome correctly. Pretty sure).
-Bill Gates: Introverted creative guy. A Creator.
-Steve Jobs: Extroverted creative guy. A Creator.
-Steve Wozniak: No idea. Interesting guy as well.
-William Hewlett and David Packard: Can only guess: Mechanic and Creator or the other way around. Just a wild guess.
-Sergey Brin and Larry Page: Sergey Brin is a Lord profile. Larry Page is a Mechanic profile.
-Jerry Yang and David Filo: David Filo I am not sure. I remember Jerry Yang having a Creator profile (not sure though).
-Niklas Zennström (Created Skype. Swedish entrenpreneur. Now a swedish billionaire): An introverted creative guy. A Creator.
-Mark Zuckerberg: Wild guess. A Creator.
-David Beckham. A promoter. A Star.
-Alex Rodriquez: If you look at where he makes a lot of money. It is in promoting his team (being part of what makes that team great). A star (wild guess also).
-Tiger Woods: A promoter. A Star.
-Scott Boras: He works with negotiation and makes great money doing so. I would guess, Dealmaker profile.
-Mark Cuban: A creative guy. Extroverted. A Creator profile.
-Eddie van Halen: Don't know this guy. Can only guess Star profile.
-Madonna: A promoter right through. A star profile wihtout any doubt whatsoever.
-Ayn Rand: Not a wildest idea. No guess.

I have read about the majority of the names above. Some I haven't even heard of though.

Good post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

santiago

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 20, 2007
Interesting list. Any list like this is an opinion - but, some names absent that come to mind (people who started with nothing and built to billions) are:

- Richard Branson (Virgin Air, etc)
- Vanderbilt - railroads..
- Andrew Mellon - Gulf Oil
- Weyerhaeuser - pulp & paper, 2nd largest landowner in US
- Ellison - Oracle

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
I'm a major fan of Eddie Van Halen, but I don't really see any reason for him to be on that list. What did he do that Mick Jagger or countless other's didn't do?

unicon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 23, 2008
Van Halen really inspired myself, I really feel close to the visionary. Not just because of their great music, but:

Because I hit a home run off of Alex Van Halen in Pasadena in early 80's baseball game.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Great list, great read, though I agree it's hard to understand the justification why some that are there are, and why some that aren't aren't.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.