The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Couple of Ideas - your thoughts

Idea threads

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I'm not pursuing any one of these but always have thought about these ideas. Maybe someone might be interested in doing these or want to work together.

1. A subscription for "extreme couponing". We all have seen extreme couponing where a person collects coupons and buys $800 worth of groceries for under $10. Is it possible that someone can collect the coupon for you and create a list for you to buy at a specific grocery store to do the same?

2. An issue with the US is that a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck and spend more than what they buy. There are so many applications and websites that helps you save. However, none of them will provide any incentives for you to save. I was thinking of an application where it takes $X amount of cents in each of your transactions and puts it in a pot. Only the people who saves (based on a formula) will receive the incentive. The incentive can be something small (free starbucks card, gift cards...etc)

3. I remember that product (forgot the name) where after applied, liquids will fall right off from it. This would be useful for car covers. You can use this car cover during the a snow storm. No more need to wipe snow off your car.

Let me know your thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I'm not pursuing any one of these but always have thought about these ideas. Maybe someone might be interested in doing these or want to work together.

1. A subscription for "extreme couponing". We all have seen extreme couponing where a person collects coupons and buys $800 worth of groceries for under $10. Is it possible that someone can collect the coupon for you and create a list for you to buy at a specific grocery store to do the same?

2. An issue with the US is that a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck and spend more than what they buy. There are so many applications and websites that helps you save. However, none of them will provide any incentives for you to save. I was thinking of an application where it takes $X amount of cents in each of your transactions and puts it in a pot. Only the people who saves (based on a formula) will receive the incentive. The incentive can be something small (free starbucks card, gift cards...etc)

3. I remember that product (forgot the name) where after applied, liquids will fall right off from it. This would be useful for car covers. You can use this car cover during the a snow storm. No more need to wipe snow off your car.

Let me know your thoughts.

For number 3, where did you see the product?

G

Guest24480

I like #3 as an overall idea, but it would be a very seasonal product. That or it would require an extension to markets that, geographically, have longer winters.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

This kind of service is now in Albania: http://www.faleminderit.al people earn money-points for every purchase they make on partner stores. These money-points accumulate in their online account and they can buy other items with it. I suppose similar sites should be in other countries too, but I haven't come across any other.

Is this #3?

That's Nano-technology which is being developed recently already. Plenty videos on youtube.

Last edited:

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Yes #3 is it. Would be very effective if you can use this technology for car covers to prevent snow from sticking.

Davo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 9, 2014
Australia
I wonder if it would have use for beach goers to.... I hate the car seats getting damp when we get back from the beach. Even when using towels to sit on.

Usually cbf changing out of boardshorts. If it's wetsuit then yeah I'll change out of it.

KarlR

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 11, 2013
For idea #3,would it necessarily have to be on a car cover?not sure how long he stuff lasts,but would you not be able to just coat the car itself in it?

ebms

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
May 27, 2014
British Columbia
Found this while researching Ever Dry: "Ultra-Ever Dry does NOT dry clear! It cannot be used on automobile windshields and obscures visibility through glass." It also happens to be extremely toxic (xylene and acetone).

Opportunity right there if you can make it work.

MikeRaymond

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Feb 15, 2015
This kind of service is now in Albania: http://www.faleminderit.al people earn money-points for every purchase they make on partner stores. These money-points accumulate in their online account and they can buy other items with it. I suppose similar sites should be in other countries too, but I haven't come across any other.

That's Nano-technology which is being developed recently already. Plenty videos on youtube.
happens in the uk with phone companies.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Ultra-Ever Dry does NOT dry clear! It cannot be used on automobile windshields and obscures visibility through glass.
All there is plenty of this material around these days that dry clear. It falls under super hydrophobic material, quite common now. I have looked at various applications but right now the applications are limited as it is very susceptible to wear and tear. Advances are being made however!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.