The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Could low entry be an asset (Let's assume you're also not necessarily exceptional)

Zest

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Aug 21, 2018
I'm bouncing a few ideas around when it comes to which direction I want my website to take. It's new and I've been working on it but I can still easily take it in a blogging direction or a digital product sales direction.

Here's the thing. It's obvious that there are so many blogs and bloggers out there now. Many start blogging because they think it's easy and easy money.

Don't these same people eventually discover the harsh reality?

And don't these people also eventually leave the sphere?

My thinking on this is that even if there's low entry to a niche, there may also be A LOT OF TURNOVER because people underestimated the competition.

Therefore, even if you're not too exceptional (just an assumption, I know where I can deliver strong value relative to other sites), wouldn't it benefit you to just stick with it and chip away like in any business?

I think the weak hands get shaken out very quickly. If there's easy entry there's also a lot of turnover. If there's a lot of turnover, you have to stick with it, keep offering value, and have a maniacal commitment to the process come hell or high water.

Wherever there is easy entry there is also quick discouragement. Wherever there is quick discouragement is ripe for opportunity.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

rybanez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Jul 24, 2018
What do you think?
Being exceptional would probably be needed. Otherwise, wouldn't you get drown out by all the newbies just starting?

In a fading trend, though, sticking it out might work (less people are coming in than going out, so lower competition). When people move onto the next hot thing, whatever was hot becomes more viable to those there to create actual value over the long-run.

If you want to enter a currently low barrier market (especially one that's trending), it might be better to help the crowd instead of competing with them.

A couple examples off the top of my head:
  • Help beginning artists get exposure via a YouTube channel that curates submissions and posts links to the artists' blogs/Instagrams/YouTube channels.
  • Help people figure out how to get more followers on Instagram by rating tools, offering tutorials, etc.

Captain_Picard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Aug 21, 2018
MJ DeMarco mentioned something about that in TMF . In an environment with a low barrier to entry like affiliate marketing and blogging, you must be exceptional at what you do, in other words, you must inform and educate exceptionally, you must entertain exceptionally or provide exceptional value.

Aside from that, consider a low barrier to entry business as something like a gold rush. Anyone can just go and buy Bitcoin or start mining. So, don't go buying up Bitcoin or mining like the rest of them, but provide value in the form of a general store, prepare breakfast for the miners, sell shovels, sell panning equipment, sell coffee. Someone wants to do affiliate marketing and blogging? Sell a course, sell a plugin for WordPress. Create a blogging platform like Wix, sell things that these guys (money-chasers) would need in exchange for value-vouchers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.