The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Could I bounce an idea/opportunity off my fellow Insiders? (mobile app)

Idea threads

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
I have identified a problem to which I can add value:

Breaking the ice with an attractive person in any location

My solution is going to be a "social networking/location" type of mobile app. So imagine this:

You're sitting in a bar/airport/gym(shouldn't be sitting)/or where ever and you see an attractive girl/guy

You're immediate reaction is "I'm sure he/she isn't single"

Don't you wish there was a way to know for sure??

Open "----". I've already come up with a catchy name that fits the app, but don't want to blast it on here for fear of someone reserving it ahead of me in Itunes Connect

"----" will show all registered users in your near vicinity and have a simple profile for each describing if they are single & looking or not along with a photo and some basic information.

From here you can send a note that will pop up on their phone.

Ice broken.... now close the deal!

First... what do you guys think?
Second... does anyone want to go into this as a partner and help with programming the app?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
Keep in mind that these days everyone is staring into their phones all day where ever they are, making it even harder to connect organically.

Trust me... I know. lol

Steve Corcoran

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2014
British Columbia, Canada
I'm no expert or anything, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
This already exists in the form of "Tinder" and it would be very hard to compete since it has already gone viral.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
I have a good name for it. StalkR...just kidding. The only way I could see it working is if it interacted with an existing social network. I could be wrong though :)

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
I don't understand how much different this is from Tinder. Care to explain?

youngtrep

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2013
Northeast USA
This is of course just my opinion, but RUN don't walk away from this idea. People have repeatedly tried to go after the hyper local social network concept. Every single attempt except Grindr has failed or at least never really taken off. People just don't want it. Tinder is set at 50 miles or something like that in terms of nearby radius and I doubt they will shrink it further. If they do, your app will be immediately crushed.

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
And that's why I like this forum. No holds barred honesty. Thanks guys. Mission aborted

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.