Long time lurker first time poster here. Okay so I read the book, quit my job, started my own company selling innovative health related supplements (for about 3 months now) and have been doing well, to the point where I am able to sustain myself.
I am pretty much the only company that are selling these specific category of health supplements (not illegal) in my country and a few weeks ago I came across a guy who is also now selling the exact same supplements. At first I thought well it's no biggie as we are better than him from every business angle, his site was so amateur and not ranking etc. that I genuinely didn't think much of it.
Now when I went to check up yesterday I saw that this guy has created a whole new site, through the exact same ecommerce platform that I'm using, same format of text layout for products, some sentences of text I had on at one point, SEO info almost the same and he actually named one of his supplement categories to include part of our brand name. Few days ago we received a bogus order of gibberish info which I am almost 100% certain is him trying to copy our payment and delivery methods.
I should add that I do have a smoking gun on this guy, as from my research I saw that he is a doctor and one of the supplements he is selling is a scheduled, licensed medical product here which you are not allowed to sell openly to the public. I can go ahead and write the licensed manufacturer and the medical board a letter, essentially ratting him out, but that's a low blow and not sure if I'm getting ahead of myself.
Now I know this guy is watching us, so my question is what can/should I do about it? I mean it's irritating because every innovative idea that I execute, this guy is probably going to go and copy exactly. Oh and sorry for the length of the post and cryptic nature, any advice would be much appreciated.
I am pretty much the only company that are selling these specific category of health supplements (not illegal) in my country and a few weeks ago I came across a guy who is also now selling the exact same supplements. At first I thought well it's no biggie as we are better than him from every business angle, his site was so amateur and not ranking etc. that I genuinely didn't think much of it.
Now when I went to check up yesterday I saw that this guy has created a whole new site, through the exact same ecommerce platform that I'm using, same format of text layout for products, some sentences of text I had on at one point, SEO info almost the same and he actually named one of his supplement categories to include part of our brand name. Few days ago we received a bogus order of gibberish info which I am almost 100% certain is him trying to copy our payment and delivery methods.
I should add that I do have a smoking gun on this guy, as from my research I saw that he is a doctor and one of the supplements he is selling is a scheduled, licensed medical product here which you are not allowed to sell openly to the public. I can go ahead and write the licensed manufacturer and the medical board a letter, essentially ratting him out, but that's a low blow and not sure if I'm getting ahead of myself.
Now I know this guy is watching us, so my question is what can/should I do about it? I mean it's irritating because every innovative idea that I execute, this guy is probably going to go and copy exactly. Oh and sorry for the length of the post and cryptic nature, any advice would be much appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

