The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Content Machine - Dan Norris

For any book discussion

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
I'm reading Content Machine by Dan Norris, for the second round through.

It's a pretty helpful book about, you guessed it, Content Marketing. He's advocating that you can build a 7 figure business on CM alone, by following some basic commandments for startups, including:

1. Starting with a team, not as a solopreneur
2. Building a memorable brand and differentiating
3. Maintaining recurring revenue and watching growth
4. Operating in large markets

I agree with a lot of his stuff in here, and think it's important.

I'm not sure every business needs to be started by a team to be successful though!

What are your takes about marketing your content to attract audiences to your business that is scalable?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
I'm not sure every business needs to be started by a team to be successful though!

Scale requires leverage the faster you want to go. He's simply talking about leveraging the talents of many, not just one.

Sometimes 1 + 1 = 4.

It's not that he is saying you can't, he's suggesting the fastest path to 7 figures, not 6.

EDIT:

Think of this way. Yes, you can be the one man who creates the content, organizes the content, distributes the content, and markets it.

But how much faster and more effective could it be if one person was responsible for each of those aspects?

You may be thinking it'd be 4x larger, so every man gets his equal cut.

I would say, when done right, it could be 40x larger, or more.

It's business synergy.

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
Makes sense to me. JustAskBenWhy.com was a $1,000/month side revenue stream in 2014. In 2015 I took on a partner and we took it to $5,000 - $6,000 top-line on most months, with a couple of months knocking on $10,000. Currently, we are implementing and testing strategies to get to $12,000/month top-line.

I believe it can work. It does require a strong brand, which is based on strong content. And it does require many other things aside for that :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.