The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Completing my first property purchase

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

3tic

New Contributor
Dec 19, 2017
Uk
Hello,
I am proud to say at 19 years old i have managed to complete my first buy to let investment!
It is a split investment with a likeminded friend and we are both 19
In the UK it can be a pain to get a normal mortgage for your average person let alone two young persons.
A few banks shunned us at the first opportunity but it has been completed and the tenant is moving in very soon.

Things i learnt:
Be prepared to answer a lot of questions - i was asked many things even down to the cost of my commute each month.
No bonuses and overtime were allowed into calculation.
The bankers will look down on you a lot if you are in a similar position to me.
A financial adviser was not needed ultimately but came in very handy at some points.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 26, 2017
London
Nice! I bought my first property 6 months ago, although it was a property to renovate, live in for a few years and re-mortgage to buy a second.
What part of the UK are you from?

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
@Fox It's same with me Did both quiz and application but as yet no automatic confirmation, just...
MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
freelance is cool. but to own a business is like freedom. A newsletter I'm subscribed to gave...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom