The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Completing my first property purchase

3tic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Dec 19, 2017
Uk
Hello,
I am proud to say at 19 years old i have managed to complete my first buy to let investment!
It is a split investment with a likeminded friend and we are both 19
In the UK it can be a pain to get a normal mortgage for your average person let alone two young persons.
A few banks shunned us at the first opportunity but it has been completed and the tenant is moving in very soon.

Things i learnt:
Be prepared to answer a lot of questions - i was asked many things even down to the cost of my commute each month.
No bonuses and overtime were allowed into calculation.
The bankers will look down on you a lot if you are in a similar position to me.
A financial adviser was not needed ultimately but came in very handy at some points.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Nice! I bought my first property 6 months ago, although it was a property to renovate, live in for a few years and re-mortgage to buy a second.
What part of the UK are you from?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.