The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Competition

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah but you need a foundational job to start with, right?

Not for starting your journey you dont. There are enough amazing threads on here to prove that. All you need is a pc and internet access. But it depends on what you're trying to do. Yes as a middle aged guy I need a foundational job to pay for my grown up life and bills etc and pump any remaining money I can into my startup ... but its all relative! If you're looking for regular 9-5 job advice you might not find that here... as we're here because we're trying to escape that life! But maybe someone else can advise you better than I... :thumbsup:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mohammed ED-DAHB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
Not for starting your journey you dont. There are enough amazing threads on here to prove that. All you need is a pc and internet access. But it depends on what you're trying to do. Yes as a middle aged guy I need a foundational job to pay for my grown up life and bills etc and pump any remaining money I can into my startup ... but its all relative! If you're looking for regular 9-5 job advice you might not find that here... as we're here because we're trying to escape that life! But maybe someone else can advise you better than I... :thumbsup:
Hell no i'm not looking for a 9-5 job
I'm looking to make enough money to drop outta college.
Thanks for the advice man, it really motivates me in this third world country where it's all about "becoming an engineer".
Well, time to ask dad for a laptop.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hell no i'm not looking for a 9-5 job
I'm looking to make enough money to drop outta college.
Thanks for the advice man, it really motivates me in this third world country where it's all about "becoming an engineer".
Why ask your dad for a laptop? Why not just buy one.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland

You can start with an internet cafe maybe? It can double as your office and it would help you keep your work life seperate from your home life.. that’s very good for your mental health which is by far the hardest part of this journey.
Good luck Mohammed! :bullseye:

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
How would you compete with professionals who have degrees and have been in a certain field for years?
Err.... by studying and working your butt off so that you become better than them?

Just because they have a degree doesn't mean they know more than you. I know a lot more about marketing for example than 99% of people with a marketing degree.

The problem, of course, is that you don't want to study. You don't want to be spending 10+ years perfecting yourself, and always studying. Your ideal is to "study for a little", and then just focus on working. That's not how it works. You should always be working to get better.

I'm not saying don't work. By all means start working as soon as you start studying, but never stop your studies.

Although, I will tell you the Lazy Man's way to wealth. Get a job at startups that have high potentials to receive funding, and make sure you get part of the stock, or you negotiate so that you are paid partly in stock. Work 3-5 years, and you can be a millionaire if you pick the right company.

Of course, you won't be a boss, and you won't really have much to be proud of. But you will have $1-5 million, easily.

For most people, that is ideal. Much better than being an entrepreneur and working 24/7 when you're not made for it, and you wouldn't like it anyway.

Last edited:

Mohammed ED-DAHB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
You can start with an internet cafe maybe? It can double as your office and it would help you keep your work life from your home life.. Good luck Mohammed! :bullseye:
Thanks a lot

Mohammed ED-DAHB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
I
Err.... by studying and working your butt off so that you become better than them?

Just because they have a degree doesn't mean they know more than you. I know a lot more about marketing for example than 99% of people with a marketing degree.

The problem, of course, is that you don't want to study. You don't want to be spending 10+ years perfecting yourself, and always studying. Your ideal is to "study for a little", and then just focus on working. That's not how it works. You should always be working to get better.

I'm not saying don't work. By all means start working as soon as you start studying, but never stop your studies.

Although, I will tell you the Lazy Man's way to wealth. Get a job at startups that have high potentials to receive funding, and make sure you get part of the stock, or you negotiate so that you are paid partly in stock. Work 3-5 years, and you can be a millionaire if you pick the right company.

Of course, you won't be a boss, and you won't really have much to be proud of. But you will have $1-5 million, easily.

For most people, that is ideal. Much better than being an entrepreneur and working 24/7 when you're not made for it, and you wouldn't like it anyway.
Understood, thanks for taking the time and clearifying things for me.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I meant i'll ask him to buy me one.
I'm 17 yo, 0 cash
Ah...that makes sense. Although, I had a job at 16. But maybe not exactly a good time right now in the COVID Mess.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.