The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Comfort VS Frugality ?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Hi !

I'm finally moving to Bali next week if everything goes well, and I looking at the different places I can have

Basically, I can either rent a small villa for ~$950/month or rent a single room in a villa (shared with other people) for $200/month

I'm curious about what you'd choose, if you earned ~$6000/month, and tried to go from slowlane freelance to fastlane

Would you get the cheap room and reinvest everything in your projects ? Or get the comfort but being able to reinvest less ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hi !

I'm finally moving to Bali next week if everything goes well, and I looking at the different places I can have

Basically, I can either rent a small villa for ~$950/month or rent a single room in a villa (shared with other people) for $200/month

I'm curious about what you'd choose, if you earned ~$6000/month, and tried to go from slowlane freelance to fastlane

Would you get the cheap room and reinvest everything in your projects ? Or get the comfort but being able to reinvest less ?
I would share the room, but with now on going pandemic it's may not be a sound thought.

Benefit:
you'll make friends.
You'll save money.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'd definitely get a small villa even though it's much more expensive. But I would never live in a place shared with other random people because I value my privacy and prefer quiet environments. This would improve my productivity.

But... If it were a "hustle" villa where a few entrepreneurs decided to live together to inspire and support each other 24/7 (no partying, just work and doing cool stuff together), I'd think about it.

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 9, 2020
France
The room is private, but common parts are not

True tho, didn't though about the pandemic for this

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 9, 2020
France
I'd definitely get a small villa even though it's much more expensive. But I would never live in a place shared with other random people because I value my privacy and prefer quiet environments. This would improve my productivity.

But... If it were a "hustle" villa where a few entrepreneurs decided to live together to inspire and support each other 24/7 (no partying, just work and doing cool stuff together), I'd think about it.
Yup, good point, if the others are hard party guys, that can quickly become out of control

Huge fan of the hustle villa, I'll probably give it a try at some point when I'll have friends there

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Are there maybe any spare rooms to rent out in the villa? So it would lower your cost and you'd be the boss and choose people to live there.

But if that's not an option, and your earnings are around 6K and the future looks bright, I'd still go with the villa too :hilarious:

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Are there maybe any spare rooms to rent out in the villa? So it would lower your cost and you'd be the boss and choose people to live there.

But if that's not an option, and your earnings are around 6K and the future looks bright, I'd still go with the villa too :hilarious:
Those are small one-bedroom villas haha, the big ones are more in the 1k-1.5k range haha

It will still be better/almost than what I used to pay in France lol, but for an apartment

Last edited:

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
Those are small one-bedroom villas haha, the big ones are more in the 1k-1.5k range haha

It will still be better/almost than what I used to pay in France lol, but for an apartment
Save the money please. If you want lifestyle please don’t FLF. Sorry for being mean.

jpl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 12, 2021
Save the money please. If you want lifestyle please don’t FLF. Sorry for being mean.

I think so, too. Less space to take care of, less worries and more focus on your projects.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.